X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grimjohn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 28, 2011

Quasar

Once a lowly agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., Wendell Vaughn's life changed when he donned a pair of Quantum Bands to protect the devices from falling into the clutches of A.I.M. agents. He found that once he put the devices on he could control the energies the wristbands tapped into better then any of the other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents that had previously tried it. Nick Fury then recruited Wendell for S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s Super-Agent program.

During a trip into space to learn the origins of the Quantum bands, Quasar was contacted by Eon, the guardian of Cosmic Awareness. He appointed Quasar the Protector of the Universe (inheriting the title from the now deceased Mar-Vell (Captain Marvel) and charged him with the task of preventing his murder. Quasar failed to save Eon, but stopped his killer, Maelstrom from collapsing the universe into a giant black hole.

Quasar had long been an admirer of the Avengers and was honored when Captain America asked him to join the team. However he found that his duties as Protector of the Universe prevented him from giving the team his all. When the creature known as Ego attempted to swallow up the Earth into itself, Quasar absorbed Ego into his Quantum Bands. To guard against Ego being released, Quasar has been forced to exile himself into space.

Quasar joined Adam Warlock and the other combatants that faced off against Thanos in the Infinity Gauntlet cross over event from 1991.

Quasar as he appeared in the pages of The Infinity Gauntlet which is the version I choose to make.

[IMG][/IMG]

QUASAR:

HEAD - The head cast is from Museum member CAZAFANTASMA with my paints.
    BODY - Dr. Mego new regular male body with CTVT blue hands.
    BODYSUIT - Sewn together by my wife Cindy, patterned and cut by me.
    CAPE, BOOTS & "QUANTUM BANDS" - CTVT
    CHEST EMBLEM - Laser Mego...Thanks Paul!!!

As always, I thank you all for stopping in and giving him a look.

Enjoy!
    John

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    My Finished Custom Figures
  • BATMAN89
    Mego obsessed!!!
    • Jul 20, 2010

Looks great John!
    You are really knockin’ ‘em out!
    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
    My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Nice job. Digging that head, and another great outfit.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Great looking custom, you don't see many Quasar figures being done these days.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎