Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally met the original Trek crew

Images
    A dealer friend of mine got me a lobby card size photo someone had made of Yvonne Craig from Whom Gods Destroy. I took it to get signed when she came through with the SW Men in the Masks tour. I walked into the hotel to see this huge line all the way back to the lobby! I stuck my head in the door to see how bad it was. The line went around the room and in front of the 3 SW people, who I cared nothing about, and then she was sitting at the end with nobody at her table so I just walked on over. We had a nice 30 minute chat. She signed my picture and commented that she had the opportunity to keep the costume when she left and that this was the first picture of it she had seen in a long time and was glad she didn't.

CCC.

Images
    Funny when I met Shatner, I must have got him at just the right time. He had done his first session there was only a short line as he due to come back. Handed him the photo asked him to make it me, which gave me a pleasant "all right" and smiled after handing me back the photo. Nothing special but not unpleasant. As I've gone to many of these things I wil say it can be a mixed bad as these folks get up there in age. I met Richard Anderson a few years ago at a show and he was 89 then. First time I've ever felt bad at a show as he was clearly uncomfortable and needed verbal prodding signing his name. When people srat hitting too or get close to thos enumbers I'm happy to see them able and coherant.

Images
    'Star Trek' star Nichelle Nichols' son says mom needs help (from MSN.)

Nichelle Nichols, 85, the iconic actress known worldwide for playing the beautiful Lieutenant Uhura aboard the USS Enterprise in the "Star Trek" television series from 1966 to 1969, is said to be suffering from severe short-term memory loss and therefore vulnerable, according to her son.

TMZ is reporting that Nichols' son, Kyle Johnson, filed legal documents on May 4, requesting appointment of four trustees to take conservatorship of his mother. This power, if granted, would give these legal guardians control of her finances as well as decisions pertaining to her health.

Johnson contends that these steps are necessary as she has dementia and it is "impacting her executive functioning" as well as makes her "susceptible to undue influence."

Johnson also emphasized that "Certain individuals have unduly exerted themselves into Ms. Nichols' life to her detriment."

Nichols' TV role was one of the first African American female characters on American television who was not portrayed as a servant. Even though she did suffer a mild stroke in 2015, she is however still active with three projects due to come out this year.

Images
    ^Geez, sounds like Stan Lee all over again.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    When I saw Nichelle just over a week ago, I did get the feeling that some manager was trying to secure all the extra $$$ he could still get from her. She looked so tired. At the end, she could hardly sign anymore.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."