Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I think it's already out, Scott. I could be wrong, but I believe you can only order it online, as it is a "Movie-On-Demand" disc, which means although it's not a burned disc, they press small batches as needed for smaller titles.

https://www.amazon.com/Wont-You-Be-N...ighbor+blu+ray

I want to order it too, because I stupidly missed it when it came out. I absolutely worship Fred Rogers, and not in an ironic or cynical way. Guy was the Real Deal.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks, and I feel the same. i guess I was expecting a mass-market release due to the success and great reviews of the film.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

The Legend of Boggy Creek …. What the heck did I just watch ??? ……. A Bigfoot movie narrated like A Christmas Story and even includes a music video ? --- see Travis Crabtree song ………… I used to love Creature From Black Lake but I think I have new favorite 70's Bigfoot movie

Psychomania … Better than I expected but no great piece of cinema …. Would have worked better as a short story in an AMICUS horror anthology.

Comment

• Brazoo
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 14, 2009

"Halloween" (2018) - I saw the premier tonight and I thought they kept it very true to the original and I enjoyed it a lot. Really fun to see in a crowd.

Director David Gordon Green, writer Danny McBride, Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Malek Akkad and Jason Blum all introduced the movie and did a Q&A after.

There were lots of nice touches to entertain the crowd. Just before the movie a dude dressed as Myers stood in front of the dark screen and during the end credits he was back in one of the balconies. Just standing and staring straight into the audience until the house lights came back on.

My only complaint was that I was angry at myself for somehow missing PJ Soles' cameo as a teacher — I only noticed her name in the end credits.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Wow! Release date isn't until October 19! You're so lucky you got to see it early.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

The Babadook: 8/10

It's rare for me to watch a contemporary horror film--slasher stuff and torture films are not for me. But I enjoyed The Babadook, creepy with some fantasy elements and genuine emotional content.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Godzilla
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 3, 2002

The Babadook is high on my list to see. Good to hear it's quality.
                Mortui Vivos Docent
                The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Brazoo
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
                  Wow! Release date isn't until October 19! You're so lucky you got to see it early.
                  Oh man, I really was extremely lucky! I stopped going to Toronto Film Festival screenings nearly 10 years ago because prices went up and the process to get tix is always a crazy pain, but the last few years an old friend of mine always invites me to a couple of screenings and she's got such an amazing knack for picking out awesome events. She's a great friend!

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I’ll say! Lucky!

Glad to hear it’s satisfying.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      The Babadook: 8/10

It's rare for me to watch a contemporary horror film--slasher stuff and torture films are not for me. But I enjoyed The Babadook, creepy with some fantasy elements and genuine emotional content.
                      Man, there is so much modern horror that doesn't fit into those two categories. What kind of horror do you like? I'll list some films you can check out.
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Yeah, there's been some decent horror lately if you are into unsettling but not gory stuff, like the Witch, It Follows, Hereditary to start with.

If you want emotional content, Hereditary will rip your heart out and smush it to pulp.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                          Man, there is so much modern horror that doesn't fit into those two categories. What kind of horror do you like? I'll list some films you can check out.
                          Stuff without over-edited jump cuts. No Eli Roth- or Saw-style stuff. I tend to like gothic stuff, Del Toro. Creepy rather than nauseating--some stylized grue is OK. Supernatural/fantasy elements, black humor. Foreign films are fine. Psychological horror/suspense is fine if it doesn't climax into a scene from Hostel. It's that super-graphic, often gratuitous gore/violence I most dislike.

I enjoy Hammer Films, Dr. Phibes (), "Warhol's" horror films. Les Yeux Sans Visage is a favorite. It's not that I'm squeamish, I don't know how better to describe it. I guess it's grand guignol versus a crime scene.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, there's been some decent horror lately if you are into unsettling but not gory stuff, like the Witch, It Follows, Hereditary to start with.

If you want emotional content, Hereditary will rip your heart out and smush it to pulp.
                            I've seen It Follows. The other two sound interesting, & I always enjoy Toni Collette.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                              Wake Up Heavy
                              • Jan 31, 2010

All three of these would be on my suggestions list for sure.
                              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Iron Mego
                                Wake Up Heavy
                                • Jan 31, 2010

Here's the list I use for reference purposes:

--The Killing of a Sacred Deer

--The Blackcoat's Daughter

--Berberian Sound Studio

--10 Cloverfield Lane

--The House of the Devil (2009)

--We Are Still Here

--Trick 'r Treat (2007)

--Gerald's Game

--Don't Breathe

--You're Next

--Starry Eyes (gets pretty violent and gory at the end)

--Southbound

--It Follows

--Hereditary

--The VVitch

--Evil Dead (remake, super gory!)

--Kill List (super violent)

Some do get pretty gory. You're mileage may vary. But these are modern horror that I watch over and over. I talk about this list in my latest podcast.
                                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎