X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
    Yes, there was an appeal system, but most appeals were rejected and the appeals process usually only slightly delayed an execution.
    Generally, no more than three weeks usually elapsed between conviction and execution, which was thought to be enough time for any new evidence to come to light or for any final requests for clemency to be considered.
    Crazy weird considering today a murderer in the UK is most likely to get off in maybe 5-10 years … Maybe even less

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Mad Heidi (2022).

"Swissploitation" action/comedy with blood, gore, boobs, guns, swords, etc.

The little girl from the Alps is back... With a vengeance! MAD HEIDI is a gory splatter fest and an homage to exploitation cinema. The action horror comedy is streaming NOW! "Bound to become a cult classic" – Telluride Horror Show

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by J.B.
        Saw The Menu on Saturday. Shame on you, Ralph Fiennes. One of the worst movies I've seen in years.
        Post a personal cheeseburger, and we'll discuss.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Post a personal cheeseburger, and we'll discuss.
          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Mad Heidi (2022).

"Swissploitation" action/comedy with blood, gore, boobs, guns, swords, etc.

The little girl from the Alps is back... With a vengeance! MAD HEIDI is a gory splatter fest and an homage to exploitation cinema. The action horror comedy is streaming NOW! "Bound to become a cult classic" – Telluride Horror Show

well this I gotta see.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Oh, Casper Van Dien. You just can't say no, can you?

The last movie I saw (and the first I've seen in theaters since Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania) was Renfield. There's a thread over in the horror section on it, but I enjoyed it. It was a fun time at the movies, and some nice nods to classic Universal Horror here and there. I'd give it an 7.5-8 or so out of 10.
              sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Sisu.

Action packed, over-the-top, super gory WW2 movie.
                Those Nazis sure regretted messing with "The Immortal" Aatami Korpi. He'd give both John Rambo and John Wick a run for their money.

Last edited by Bruce Banner; May 17, '23, 8:55 PM.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

'Elvis' 7/10

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

Sisu.

Action packed, over-the-top, super gory WW2 movie.
                    Those Nazis sure regretted messing with "The Immortal" Aatami Korpi. He'd give both John Rambo and John Wick a run for their money.
                    I was on the fence about this. The gore seemed so over the top that it was almost cartoony, which I like! I just wasn't sure if it was funny gory or poetic gory (like John Wick or John Woo) or just disturbing. I'm waiting for it to stream. Looks like I can rent it now.
                    Last edited by Wee67; May 18, '23, 10:24 AM.
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Shazam! Fury of the Gods.

Giving it a 7/10 started off a bit slow but last half of movie was quite entertaining, nice cameo appearance by Michael Gray and still wearing his long sleeve red shirt with yellow collar.

Also liked Lucy Liu character Kalypso, who was the only one of the trio of the ancient evil gods to actual stay evil, although I did think Rachel Ziegler’s Anthea character had a decent good/bad/love story line, and of course always nice to see Shazam trying to get a date with Wonder Woman, I mean who wouldn’t.

Now I’m wondering if the follow up to this will have Black Adam and or cameos of the rest of the Justice League or maybe a Justice Society League movie?

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Black Mountain Side (2014)

Think it's free on Tubi

Canadian slow-burn movie on par with The Thing (John Carpenter)

Gosh dang I love this film !!!

Comment

• Mike Osborn
                          • Jun 16, 2023

Spider-Man: Across The Spider-verse (2023)

9/10. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next installment.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

The Block Island Sound (2020) --- currently on Netflix

Extremely slow burn mystery/horror/sci-fi ..... but is worth a look

Comment

• warlock664
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 15, 2009

Watched two recently that had somehow eluded me all these years:

Jaws (1975)
                              -a recent vacation in Cape Cod and visit to Martha’s Vineyard (where the movie was filmed) inspired me to finally see this.
                              Loved it. Robert Shaw was awesome. 10/10

Caddyshack (1980)
                              -honestly have no idea why this one is talked about so reverently. It was *ok*. 6/10

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. i would give it a 7-8/10. not perfect but it was entertaining and a good end to Ford's run. i do not get all the complaints about it. i did not think that Phoebe outshines Ford or takes over his movie at all. she was just a foil for him to play off of, similar to how he did with Connery. the opening sequence where they de-aged Ford worked well, but was a little too dark and hard to see some of what was going on

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎