Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Extinction on Netflix, damn good movie with a nice twist...
    sigpic

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

Last few trips to the cineplex:

Upgrade - The first, true Ozploitation movie in years... 7/10
      Hereditary - Overlauded, perhaps, but I'd still give it a soiid 8/10
      Incredibles 2 - Lousy compared to the original, but it looked pretty good... 6/10, with one of those points going to Odenkirk and Banks.
      Ant Man and the Wasp - Definitially meh, unfortunately. 5/10
      Sorry to Bother You - Clunkier than I wanted it to be, but pretty dag interesting. 7/10

Arbitrary numbering. Weird world we got.
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Transformers the movie (1986). Prime's death still makes me misty eyed. Awesome movie and soundtrack. It's a 10. I also watched the bonus features and they talked a bit about Orson Welles who of course was Unicron in the movie. They said he was actually really nice to them and found the project fascinating. When he was asked about the infamous frozen peas outtakes he replied he actually found the whole thing very funny. On the downside they said he was in poor health at the time and his voice was labored and wheezy. They had to do a lot of audio enhancements to make his takes usable.
        Last edited by Werewolf; Aug 4, '18, 7:26 PM.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

"Air" (2014) ………. Note: NOT the (2015) movie starring Norman Reedus

This movie has such bad acting I've literally NEVER seen worse acting in any motion picture.

Plot was meh-ok, but I can't stress HOW BAD the acting was on everybody's part.

Movie is free on Tubi - worth a peek for a laugh
          A scuba diver surfaces to a world that suddenly has no air to breathe. She must now find her son and family before her air tank runs out.

m

Comment

• Godzilla
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 3, 2002

Teen Titans Go to the Movies. I took the kids, laughed some, it was fine. 6/10
            Mortui Vivos Docent
            The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

At the theater - Solo - 8/10
              Rental - Pitch Perfect 3 - They should have stopped at 2

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Miss Meadows --- to my surprise, LOVED IT

Party Bus To Hell --- a fun little black humor romp in the style of a Rob Zombie movie

Comment

• Godzilla
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 3, 2002

Rabid (1977) I have a soft spot for 70s movies this this. 8.5/10

Crimson Peak (2015) What happened to del Torro? This movie is terrible! What a let down. 4/10.
                  Mortui Vivos Docent

Comment

• alex
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 15, 2009

Summer of 84, nice litlle horror, obviously copying the "stranger things" formula, 4 kids 80's , even the sound track is similiar, but worth a popcorn watch.

Comment

• J.B.
                      Guild Navigator
                      • Jun 23, 2010

Ant Man and the Wasp.

The worst Super Hero movie I've ever seen, and I saw Green Lantern. So over the top cutesy, with the "Peanut" and the "Jellybean" over and over. Midway through I was praying that Deadpool would have busted in and started killing all the main characters, execution style. It was difficult watching a bloated Laurence Fishburne, who is such a talent, reduced to idiotic lines while pretending to be nipped at the cankles by cgi ants. Score:

"0.0"
                      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

just finished Evan Almighty after several years of starts. Waste of time. Reently watche the Departed. lets throw in 3 current a listers and a couple older a listers, build it up and then wah wah wah... wow is that a terrible movie.

started Lady Bird with my lady, but we were too tired to finish. we will finish it and it is pretty good - but not as good as the hype

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                          At the theater - Solo - 8/10
                          Rental - Pitch Perfect 3 - They should have stopped at 2
                          same here for theater.

shame on you for not stopping at 2. even Lily, who LOVED the first, stopped after 2. we saw the traler together and both said -pass.

Comment

• toothaction
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 15, 2017

Checked out Summer of 84 the other night... so you don't have to!
                            >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Godzilla
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 3, 2002

A Quiet Place. Well done, even if the premise (and the science behind it) was hard to buy. 8/10

Won't You Be My Neighbor? Wow- really good. Brought tears to my eyes a couple of times. Just like a Marvel movie, stay for the credits scene. 9/10
                              Mortui Vivos Docent

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

I'm buying Won't You Be My Neighbor? as soon as it's released on home video. It wasn't shown in my area.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎