Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I don't think I've ever see this, I'm always confusing its listing with Scream and Scream Again.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

On her majesty's secret service. It's really dull. Moves at a glacial pace. I can't even really say if George Lazenby was a good or bad Bond. He wasn't given enough to work with.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Dang, that's one of my favorite Bonds. To me Thunderball drags. Swimming, so much swimming.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Another unpopular Bond opinion. Roger Moore was the best James Bond. Spy who loved me is the best Bond movie. I also unapologetically like Moonraker.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

OMG lol. Thank goodness we have MOTU in common jk.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Another unpopular Bond opinion. Roger Moore was the best James Bond. Spy who loved me is the best Bond movie. I also unapologetically like Moonraker.
              Moore was the bond I grew up with and so is my favorite. The Connery movies were too cartoonish. I like Majesty's Secret Service though.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                OMG lol. Thank goodness we have MOTU in common jk.
                Ha!

I just like the more light hearted Roger Moore movies with all the crazy gadgets.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

my favorite Bond movie is actually For Your Eyes Only. but the Spy Who Loved me is a close second

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Live and Let Die

Best Bond movie ---- EVER

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

best title song at least. Man with the Golden Gun was also a classic

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        To me Thunderball drags. Swimming, so much swimming.
                        But after the swimming.....

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          Moore was the bond I grew up with and so is my favorite. The Connery movies were too cartoonish. I like Majesty's Secret Service though.
                          The Connery movies were too cartoonish? My dear god, my good man, it’s the other way around. Moore’s silly take on Bond was the cartoonish one, lol.

Was it the bad pizza?

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            Ha!

I just like the more light hearted Roger Moore movies with all the crazy gadgets.
                            I agree with that. But I’m still reeling from Nostalgiabuff’s comments...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
                              The Connery movies were too cartoonish? My dear god, my good man, it’s the other way around. Moore’s silly take on Bond was the cartoonish one, lol.

Was it the bad pizza?

Moore's movies were light hearted in a lot of ways. but i was referring more to the fight scenes and a lot of the gadgets in the Connery films. Different era. You old folks might have grown up with Connery

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
                                I agree with that. But I’m still reeling from Nostalgiabuff’s comments...
                                Richard Maibaum scripted films like Dr. No and Goldfinger more realistically than their Fleming novels. It was You Only Live Twice that began to veer into the absurd--and that was written by Roald Dahl. For me the "jump-the-shark" Bond film is Diamonds Are Forever--though plummy Charles Gray and the film are fun.

I grew up with Moore and don't dislike him, but the Connery films were a revelation to me. Moore is still basically playing the Saint.
                                Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 14, '20, 5:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎