X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Noteworthy for me because I was never really attracted to Jodie Foster but in this movie she's incredibly vulnerable and attractive …

I'm soooo confused !!!

BTW, I can't watch Buffalo Bill without thinking Chris Griffin was based on him

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Attack on Titan, Part 1 and Part 2, the live-action movies...

I tried watching the anime series first, but the typical subpar animation is just a turn off for me. I know the story is more intricate than the film, as you have more to work with on a series than just two movies.

But I loved the movies. So weird, so creepy, so out there, so absurd, such guilty pleasure, so awesome, lol.

I read up on it...and the leading actor, Haruma Miura, committed suicide just three months ago, what a shame.

The leading lady, Kiko Mizuhara, is so pretty, she should be in American movies.

You like fun and weird? This is the movie for you!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
        Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Noteworthy for me because I was never really attracted to Jodie Foster but in this movie she's incredibly vulnerable and attractive …

I'm soooo confused !!!

BTW, I can't watch Buffalo Bill without thinking Chris Griffin was based on him
        Watch the sequel too, Hannibal. Obviously not as good as the original, but nice to see the continuing stories of Hannibal Lecter.

There’s also a prequel as well, Hannibal Rising, but a younger different actor plays Hannibal Lecter.

And yes, Jodie Foster was super cute in this one.
        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

yeah it's weird. all the movies Foster was in as a teenager and young adult i never found her attractive but as she got older she definitely got hotter

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Delta Force (2007)

Why does this movie have such low ratings ?

Yea, I know it rips off Stripes and Three Amigos but it's still fun to watch.

Larry the Cable Guy is great !!! --- He kinda reminds me of Junior Samples

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

Sweetheart. Netflix original. 7/10 it was interesting and the lead is actually really good. the monster was creepy and they don't show much of it until later in the movie so it builds suspense

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

The Dictator (2012) --- Way better and funny then I had expected

The part where he had his C and B's exposed at the window had me on the floor laughing
                Last edited by Mikey; Nov 6, '20, 1:58 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Frankenstein The True Story (1973) 6/10
                  It's star studded, well acted and interesting (though not faithful to the novel as it suggests) but man, it needs tighter editing and the monster never quite garners the sympathy he should have. James Mason is a treat though as is a young Tom Baker as the heroic sea captain.

The scene with Jane Seymour scared the crap out of me as a kid.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^It was kind of exhausting for me, partially because it was longer than I anticipated, because I stupidly didn't check the run time when I popped in the DVD. I agree on the monster as well, and that Jane Seymour scene...yowza!!!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

^--- whenever I see Michael Sarrazin I always think of Gumball Rally

Was a huge fan when it came out

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)

"This Godzilla is one tough dude"- It's hard to pick a favorite scene from this wonderfully cheesy crapfest; the one where some dog-eared kaiju executes a perfect soccer side kick of a balled up stegosaurus kaiju, but Godzilla lays out to make a perfect Goalie-zilla save; the scene where two guys have a full-on karate fight while standing on moving motorcycles; the incredibly symbolic battle between kaiju Godzilla and a CG monster that looks a lot like the 1998 Godzilla; when hero Shin'ichi Ôzaki uses his new Neo-like powers to stop lasers mid-air, hovering in-place much like the way bullets don't. As the 90's sense of cool and 90's special effects continue, this movie just gets better and better!- an unintentional A-
                        Last edited by Wee67; Nov 12, '20, 3:37 PM.
                        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

And Now The Screaming Starts (Amicus, 1973)

I had heard of this title, but had no idea it was an Amicus production with Peter Cushing, Herbert Lom and Stephanie Beachum until someone posted about it on the Pod Stallions FB page. It's one of the few Amicus horrors that isn't an anthology film, and one of their only period pieces, set in the late 1700s. This one doesn't waste any time getting to the shocks and horror, although the explanation for them is saved for the last third. It's backstory is pretty grim and honestly uncomfortable to watch, but still tastefully done (aside from the usual dismemberment). Probably about as Hammer as Amicus got, but it still FEELS like an Amicus. It's free on Prime. I think most folks here would enjoy it. I did, although it's not going to replace any of those great anthologies in my favorite Amicus list.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
                            Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)
                            I always wanted to see the millennium series but they never play them on TV.

I did see Godzilla 2000 in the theatre but that's as far as I got.

Comment

• Wee67
                              Museum Correspondent
                              • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Mikey
                              I always wanted to see the millennium series but they never play them on TV.

I did see Godzilla 2000 in the theatre but that's as far as I got.
                              I watched it on Crackle, another streaming service I didn't even know I had access to through Xfinity cable.

Oh, and the dog-eared monster is apparently a cat creature called King Caesar. Here's Goalie-zilla putting Tim Howard to shame

Last edited by Wee67; Nov 12, '20, 3:43 PM.
                              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
                                I watched it on Crackle, another streaming service I didn't even know I had access to through Xfinity cable.
                                I have Blue Ridge Communications … Basically a fishing poll aerial on top of an outhouse

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎