Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 345671015202530 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Rate the last movie you watched thread

Zapped! (1982)

My brother bought this for my sister, because she used to like Willie Ames. Knowing this would forever remain in the shrink-wrap, I asked her for it and it now has a good home. This movie plays like a TV sitcom... from Hell. Such a strange cocktail of late 70s television tropes and 80s teen sex comedies. Come to find out they did reshoot some more gratuitous nudity in the wake of the success of Porky's a year earlier. (I've never seen a disclaimer in the credits like this: "Heather Thomas used a body double for her nude scenes". ). Today, this movie taken at face value, is pretty creepy. But on the other hand, if you understand the context, it's pretty funny that this is what was marketed back then. I'd also consider the character dynamics and science themed antics to make this a photo-version of John Hughes Weird Science. I laughed, but I can't rank it.

Of course there had to be a 'dream sequence' which involves a parody of Star Trek, since this was in the wake of Star Wars mania. They have an awesome kit bash of a Millennium Falcon Model and the Nacelles from the Motion Picture Enterprise serving as the starship. The two ships actually fit together well. It almost looks like they were made to fit together. Definitely a highlight.

Blog Entries
    I think you should immediately see another movie, just to wash that taste out.

Images
    I remember "Zapped". The racier parts of it did seem tacked on, especially since I saw the "clean" version first on regular TV. Strangely, Disney Channel did an original TV movie with a vaguely similar theme and the exact title a few years back!

I haven't kept up with Willie Ames, but I know at one time he was "Bible Man" and then he fell on harder times as I recall.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I think you should immediately see another movie, just to wash that taste out.
    You're absolutely right. I can't decide between Spring Break and Hardbodies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    You're absolutely right. I can't decide between Spring Break and Hardbodies.

Images
    Tarantulas the deadly cargo.

I give it a 5. Starts out good enough and I give it high marks just for having Sherriff Lobo. But the ending totally ruins it. The idea to stop the spiders is to immobilized them by wasp noises blasted through loud speakers and then start to very, very, very sloooowly shovel them up and drop them in buckets of alcohol. When they could have just started squashing them and have been done in a couple of minutes. Somebody should have said in the time it took you guys to scoop two of the spiders into a booze pail I've been running around the warehouse stomping on dozens of them.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Quote Originally Posted by 4NDR01D View Post
    Finally caught PT Andersons Isle of Dogs at our local theatre that shows second run movies. Really loved it. As good as Fantastic Mr. Fox.
    Wes Anderson. PT Anderson does wholly different movies!

Images
    Last movie I saw was Solo. I give it an 8/10. Fun movie!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mego View Post
    Wes Anderson. PT Anderson does wholly different movies!
    Damn I always confuse those two. I also keep thing that Spike Jonez did Fantastic Mr. Fox too.

Images
    Wheels of Terror

Man, how did they not get sued by The Car ?
    .................................................. .......................