X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Tarantulas the deadly cargo.

I give it a 5. Starts out good enough and I give it high marks just for having Sherriff Lobo. But the ending totally ruins it. The idea to stop the spiders is to immobilized them by wasp noises blasted through loud speakers and then start to very, very, very sloooowly shovel them up and drop them in buckets of alcohol. When they could have just started squashing them and have been done in a couple of minutes. Somebody should have said in the time it took you guys to scoop two of the spiders into a booze pail I've been running around the warehouse stomping on dozens of them.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
      Finally caught PT Andersons Isle of Dogs at our local theatre that shows second run movies. Really loved it. As good as Fantastic Mr. Fox.
      Wes Anderson. PT Anderson does wholly different movies!
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Last movie I saw was Solo. I give it an 8/10. Fun movie!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
          • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by Iron Mego
          Wes Anderson. PT Anderson does wholly different movies!
          Damn I always confuse those two. I also keep thing that Spike Jonez did Fantastic Mr. Fox too.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Wheels of Terror

Man, how did they not get sued by The Car ?

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

Watched Kick *** with Lily this weekend. Stood the test of time. Still enjoyed it.

Watched Tale of Desperaux while unpacking Mego Meet. My 11 year old told me it was TERRIBLE and had little to do with the book. I agree.

Comment

• Brazoo
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
                Finally caught PT Andersons Isle of Dogs at our local theatre that shows second run movies. Really loved it. As good as Fantastic Mr. Fox.
                I saw it last week - I loved it too. Wes Anderson + stop motion + dogs = nearly impossible for me not to love it.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
                  "Making Fun: The Story of Funko" 6/10

It's a documentary currently on Netflix, it starts out great and wow, I knew a lot of people in it but it sort of degenerates into a commercial for Pop vinyl by the end.

Although, it totally answered my question as to "Who buys these things?".

Also, I found it weirdly melancholy, it has this downbeat music on kind of happy stories, odd.
                  Alot of good Easter eggs in the background.
                  The CEO is a huge Batman 1966 fan and had all those rare tins.
                  Another collector had the 1973 ideal Batman playset which looks like the filmation cartoon.

I'm not a huge Pop fan but I appreciate what they are doing. Did you ever think we would see a Tom Baker or Vincent from Black Hole in stores in 2017-18?

Comment

• Godzilla
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 3, 2002

Solo 8.5/10 Really enjoyed it.
                    Mortui Vivos Docent
                    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

Batman Returns 5.5/10 not as good as I remembered. It certainly has a burton look and feel but it's easy to see why it's the forgotten Bat-film.

Comment

• Brazoo
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 14, 2009

Revenge (2017) - A wild revenge thriller in the vien of "I Spit on Your Grave".

Buckets-o-blood. BUCKETS. Super gritty - not exactly grounded in reality. Not for everyone, for sure. Tonight I was the right mood for it though.

I think it was a French production - but both in French and English were spoken.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                          Wake Up Heavy
                          • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Brazoo
                          Revenge (2017) - A wild revenge thriller in the vien of "I Spit on Your Grave".

Buckets-o-blood. BUCKETS. Super gritty - not exactly grounded in reality. Not for everyone, for sure. Tonight I was the right mood for it though.

I think it was a French production - but both in French and English were spoken.
                          Waiting for this to show up on Shudder, since I have a subscription and the movie isn't playing here. They've pushed back the streaming date a few times, so I'm trying to be patient.
                          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• great_chandel
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2, 2015

I saw "Upgrade" at the theatre with a good friend. The special effects were spectacular! Weird film...….great ending though!

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                              Permanent Member
                              • Sep 15, 2014

Black Panther 8.5/10
                              I didn't think Thor Ragnarok and Homecoming lived up to the hype but BP did it's a not just a good superhero film it's a good film period.

Comment

• Brazoo
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 14, 2009

Hail, Caesar! - I'm a huge Coen Bros. fan but I missed this in its theatrical run because it was out very close to when my kid was due. For some reason it's taken me this long to catch up with it.

Some of the ideas are just brilliant and a few of the scenes were fantastic - it didn't quite completely gel for me, but the ending wrapped things up so nicely that it's hard for me to really complain about it.

I haven't seen Solo, but I really enjoyed Alden Ehrenreich in this. (I didn't even remember he was in this.)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎