Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I finally got around to watching Joker. good movie, as others have said, very dark. 9/10. not really one for repeat viewings, its that dark

they will be releasing new films on demand, since no one is going to theaters. Invisible Man, and the Hunt are both up now. $19.95

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I am wondering with everything going on, is Hollywood in a time out until further notice? will this hurt the entertainment industry?

Filming movies, tv show episodes and daytime soap opera’s. Currently the movie theaters are closed until further notice and my local shopping mall is closed for at least 2 weeks, although Target is open, I was told because they have a grocery section so they need to stay open, but I believe the store times have changed.

Comment

• MegoSteve
        Superman's Pal
        • Jun 17, 2005

I think we'll see more stuff going right to streaming at a more expensive initial price. Movie theaters are going to hate it.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

watched Downsizing last night. quirky little movie, kind of weird but still fun. 6/10

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Brimstone. It’s a Western starring Dakota Fanning, Guy Pearce and Kit Harrington (yes, Jon Snow).

Not for the weak as it’s one of the most disturbing and violent Westerns I’ve ever seen.

Guy Pearce plays a sadistic psychopath preacher. Let me tell you right now, he’s arguably the most evil villain I’ve ever seen on screen.

It’s on Amazon Prime right now.
            sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i just watched that too Hector. wow, that was a very dark, violent and disturbing movie.

Comment

• rebelpig
                • Mar 12, 2011

Just watched Vivarium, very strange 6/10. Weird but compelling, you just have to see how it ends.
                Currently watching Underwater, Abyss/Alien vibe, I'll let you know how it pans out.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

we watched 1917 last night. what a well done movie. really showed a bit of the horrors of trench warfare in WW1. 10/10

commenting on Brimstone again, my wife actually had nightmares after we watched it, she was so disturbed by it. the preacher was really a sick, twisted and sadistic monster. Guy Pearce really did an outstanding job in the role

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Pet Graveyard (2019) free on Tubi

Even though the title makes it sound like a Pet Cemetery ripoff it actually is a Flatliners/Hell Raiser ripoff

Not the worst movie I've ever seen but nowhere near good.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

Watched Birds of Prey last night. I enjoyed it. they were trying to hard to follow the Dead Pool formula but it was still a fun ride. seems to me they took Harley's sexiness away with the new look and outfit. I mean she's still hot, but the outfits and hair weren't all that sexy. they should have just called it the Emancipation of Harley and left out birds of prey, Black canary, Huntress and Cassandra Cane were all just one dimensional plot devises. they didn't really serve any other purpose than for Harley to play off of. 7/10

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Buy the ticket, take the ride (2006) 7/10

Interesting documentary on Hunter S Thompson, not bad but I preferred 2008's "Gonzo". This one had more celebrity interviews which was interesting.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1997) 8/10

I saw this in the theatre and nearly walked out, now I can't get enough of it.

Cats (2019) 1/10
                        I tapped out after 26 minutes, I admit that if it got good reviews I'd have avoided it altogether but my daughter is a fan of the music, which she claims they totally screwed up. The CGI is terrible, jarring and discordant, at one point a character's leg goes missing.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Wee67
                          Museum Correspondent
                          • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                          Cats (2019) 1/10
                          I tapped out after 26 minutes, I admit that if it got good reviews I'd have avoided it altogether but my daughter is a fan of the music, which she claims they totally screwed up. The CGI is terrible, jarring and discordant, at one point a character's leg goes missing.
                          So is it safe to assume that Cats is NOT so bad its enjoyable? I've been curious since the excoriation it received so universal. I've been tempted to try and watch a movie that is THAT bad.
                          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Sleepaway Camp (1983)

I have never seen this movie before avoiding it because I thought it was a Friday the 13th ripoff

I was totally wrong

Will not give away any spoilers but I really recommend it

BTW, it's free on Tubi

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
                              So is it safe to assume that Cats is NOT so bad its enjoyable? I've been curious since the excoriation it received so universal. I've been tempted to try and watch a movie that is THAT bad.
                              I have friends who love it and swear it's awesomely bad, I just tapped out.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Wee67
                                Museum Correspondent
                                • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                                I have friends who love it and swear it's awesomely bad, I just tapped out.
                                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎