• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
    Battle for the Planet of the Apes

I just got a bug and decided to brake out my POTA set and watch the final film. It was kind of sad to see how far this franchise had fallen. It was watchable and even enjoyable at times, but that might be because of my already established love for the franchise. The plot seemed to steamroll into war with almost no nuance at all. The more recent 'War for the POTA' was a much better told story. Overall- C-
    Are you talking about "Battle" Bill ?

Yea, that was a pretty sh*tty movie

Even as a kid of 10-ish I remember thinking this movie was made for "kids"

Even the "Lawgiver" stuff wasn't really thought-out

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Rambo: Last Blood.

Not much of a plot. Not much acting. Sort of pointless and mindless.

But you know what? I had a blast. What glorious violence and gore...pretty awesome, old man still got it, lol.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Star Wars Rise of Skywalker: 10/10

It's time we judge these films on the same standards as when we were kids. This is fantastic entertainment.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
          Veteran Member
          • May 15, 2012

Originally posted by Hedji
          Star Wars Rise of Skywalker: 10/10

It's time we judge these films on the same standards as when we were kids. This is fantastic entertainment.
          I enjoyed The Rise of Skywalker too. I was satisfied with the way they connected this to the earlier movies, and was satisfied with the way they chose to end it.

People, largely with no talent of their own, are far too judgmental and hateful these days. For a completely unbiased opinion, I asked my wife what she thought of the movie. She has no attachment to Star Wars. She really liked it. She thought the story was well done and that it was exciting. She also mentioned that the story was WAY better than and more exciting than the original SW movies.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

I love this Tweet from Stephen King on the subject (click thumbnail to enlarge):

stephen-king-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-tweet-1200594.jpeg

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Cash on Demand, a suspenseful little heist film from Hammer in '61. Great characters, some Hammer faces including the very good Peter Cushing and Andre Morell. I enjoyed it immensely, it has an essential Christmas theme and interesting subtext.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

"No Men Beyond This Point" (2015) currently playing on Tubi

Mockumentary about an alternate timeline where women all over the world starting in the 1950's began to give birth without being impregnated by a man... All the children born from this are girls … On top of that all female eggs began to "evolve" to stop accepting sperm … Between the 1950's and now men are literally dying out … The youngest male on Earth is 36 years old... Most women are not reacting as you would think ..

Interesting low budget Canadian film if you like alternate reality shows and movies like Sliders … Just don't expect too much from a shoe string budget

m

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Cash on Demand, a suspenseful little heist film from Hammer in '61. Great characters, some Hammer faces including the very good Peter Cushing and Andre Morell. I enjoyed it immensely, it has an essential Christmas theme and interesting subtext.
                  Oh wow! I just watched that too for the first time a few days ago. Neat little movie. Sort of a contemporary take on a classic Christmas theme. . Peter Cushing is absolutely terrific as always. Andre Morell looked like he was having a blast with his role.

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

New Hellboy.

It seems like it should be good. There was not a particular thing I could point to to clearly say was it wasn't good. It wasn't terrible. But it wasn't good either.

I think it probably just shouldn't have been.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
                      New Hellboy.

It seems like it should be good. There was not a particular thing I could point to to clearly say was it wasn't good. It wasn't terrible. But it wasn't good either.

I think it probably just shouldn't have been.
                      Felt the same way.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Ad Astra.

Gorgeous looking with some impressive scenes...but overall, pretty scientifically inaccurate and plain dumb.
                        sigpic

Comment

• apenutncc1701
                          • Aug 9, 2009

Rise of Skywalker. AWESOME! 'Nuff said.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Memory: The Origins of Alien 7/10

A good documentary on the inception of Ridley Scott's Alien, I enjoyed it but could have done without some of the talking heads taking endless "deep dives" into it's meaning and subtext.

The Poseidon Adventure- 7/10

I don't think I've ever sat down and watched this beginning to end but did so on New Years (which turned out to be fitting). Fun movie, typical Irwin Allen fare, I didn't see some of the deaths coming.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

I haven't seen Soylent Green since I watched it new in the theatre back in the day.

Watched it again last night.

Was way worse and boring than I had remembered

Premise just didn't add up either … You can't live in the country because of agriculture ? … What about on top of a mountain ? …

If it wasn't for Charlton Heston Soylent Green would have been a totally forgotten movie today
                              Last edited by Mikey; Jan 2, '20, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. 8/10 typical Tarantino fare but it was a fun movie

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎