Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345813182328 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Rate the last movie you watched thread

Birdman of Alcatraz (1962) - great movie and performance. I saw a lot of this one before, but this is the first time I saw this all the way through. I think it's obvious that this subject is handled poetically rather than completely realistically — but a lot of people, including Stroud's fellow inmates — have criticized the film for this.

All the King's Men (1949) - Finally got around to seeing this Best Picture winner. Broderick Crawford was a standout - and
    Mercedes McCambridge was also very compelling. Great stuff. It's always impressive when a movie that's almost 70 years old can still seem relevant.

Captain America: Civil War (2016) - this one was actually a re-watch, becuase my 8 year-old neice had not seen it. I wanted to show her how Spider-Man and Black Panther were introduced (she LOVED those), plus she's a fan of Ant-Man, so I wanted to show her the big battle scene. Maybe it's just me, but I found this movie really hard to get through the first time and even harder this time. Normally I don't question the logic of a superhero movie plot much, but Zemo's plan is so impossibly and cartoonishly complex it's hard to not be thrown off by that. Especially since the rest of the movie seems like 1 1/2 hours of "realistic" discussions about signing a UN accord. Why try for such realism if your plot is going to be loony tunes? Bah. The big action scenes held up well, at least.

Images
    Iím sitting here watching Jungle Jim on TCM with Johnny Weissmuller and who shows up is none other than George Reeves. Now if that doesnít beat all. A jungle adventure movie with both Tarzan and Superman in it! And absolutely No CGI. Itís a pleasant evening.

Images
    Blog Entries
    ^You and I are on the same page...er, screen, brother.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Been getting into Amicus horror anthology movies

I never realized they made like a million of them - many on youtube in nice quality.
    .................................................. .......................

Amicus made some fun films.

The Room 14/10 - it's everything.
    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Images
    Been getting into Amicus horror anthology movies

I never realized they made like a million of them - many on youtube in nice quality.
    I have been exploring more Amicus since I've seen about all the major Hammers. Great stuff with their own flavor! I do tend to get the segments mixed up as far as which movie they are in sometimes.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Outlaw Josey Wales just airing on AMC. It is awesome. “It’s not for eatin..., it’s for lookin through”

Up next is Open Range with Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall. I’ve seen it and will watch again. They did an excellent job in 2003 of capturing the spirit of the great Westerns of the earlier eras.

Images
    ^I love both of those films. My favorite Clint Eastwood western (and Clint movie period) and my favorite NON-Eastwood western.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif