Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

cool. have been wanting to catch that one. glad to hear it's on Prime now

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Suspiria (1977 and 2019)

The original is stylish and atmospheric but the remake is an entirely different movie and i honestly preferred it. Tilda Swinton is pretty freaking amazing
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ I've been wanting to see the new one, and your comments align with several I've read. Having been catching-up on and revisiting Argento's work over the past couple years, I've found much of it mediocre or difficult to appreciate over time. The hooks are good (even the !***!?! moments) when he gives, but the nerve grating aesthetic is a polarizing hit or miss.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
          Suspiria (1977 and 2019)

The original is stylish and atmospheric but the remake is an entirely different movie and i honestly preferred it. Tilda Swinton is pretty freaking amazing
          Seen the original. Gonna see the remake, thanks.
          sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
            Just saw Yesterday on Amazon Prime.

Good movie. Cleverly written. I’m sure some saw it already.

In a world of no Coca Cola...you gotta watch the movie to get that reference, lol...

Yeah, it boils down to a romantic comedy...but it has Beatles songs.

8/10.
            I saw this in the the theater and I thought it was just OK. That said I really liked his version of 'Help!' It sounds like the way the Beatles would have performed it if they had started a decade later.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Great scene ^^^

It’s a lighthearted romantic comedy...but it gets 8/10 because it has Beatles songs.

There was one wonderful emotional scene though, don’t want to spoil it...but you know what I mean...I’ll just mention paintings in a house by the beach.
              Last edited by Hector; Oct 7, '19, 1:39 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

Absolutely anything. It starred and was created by decent people. But it was terrible.

I liked the part when the dog first talked. "Biscuit" "Biscuit"

Being a Queen fan and Roger Taylor (the only member to release good solo stuff) did the title song - so that was cool.

Otherwise. Just bad.

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

Finally saw Walter Mitty. My family saw it without me a couple years ago.

Great movie.

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

Last movie I watched was The Way Way Back. It's a movie that touches a part of me that I don't talk about much. It very much illustrates the awkwardness of being a teen at that age, but it adds the sting of being mistreated by someone you're supposed to trust. The film balances things well, by countering Steve Carrell with the Sam Rockwell character, Somebody I didn't really have when I was dealing with the heaviness of my bad years. But you'll actually hate Steve in this movie. He's a colossal ******.
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Something Wicked This Way Comes, for the first time in probably 30 years. I got the DVD through the Disney Movie Club cheap a while back, but never got around to it. My daughter and I enjoyed it, although if you know about the long delay between reshoots, it's super-obvious. In the middle of the film, the two lead boys suddenly look a whole year older, because they were! A bit slow, but still creepy and effective. A quiet kind of horror you just can't find anymore.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Hector
                        It’s a lighthearted romantic comedy...but it gets 8/10 because it has Beatles songs.

There was one wonderful emotional scene though, don’t want to spoil it...but you know what I mean...I’ll just mention paintings in a house by the beach.
                        Yep. Loved that scene.

I caught it in the theater for no other reason than I really wanted to get out and do something and there was nothing else on I wanted to see. I knew it was a Romantic Comedy and I almost always skip those, but "Beatles Music". It was a nice little movie with many good things going for it. Thought Lily James was adorable. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the movie.

Comment

• Godzilla
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 3, 2002

Highlander 8/10 My kids hadn't seen it so we popped it in. Such a fun movie.
                          Mortui Vivos Docent
                          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Great choice, Highlander is awesome.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Makernaut
                              Yep. Loved that scene.

I caught it in the theater for no other reason than I really wanted to get out and do something and there was nothing else on I wanted to see. I knew it was a Romantic Comedy and I almost always skip those, but "Beatles Music". It was a nice little movie with many good things going for it. Thought Lily James was adorable. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the movie.
                              Lily James is indeed adorable...
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

watched the Death Wish remake last night. not bad, but nothing special either. very by the book revenge movie. lacking the charm of the Bronson version. I give it a 7 out of 10

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎