X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Villains

The dark comedy promised in the trailer sucked me into this movie. It definitely had some wonderfully odd moments, especially in great performances given by Kyra Sedgwick and Jeffrey Donovan. It was enjoyable but I think it could've and should've made the characters even stranger. That would have made them more comically off-center than simply bad people (think Rasing Arizona). Worth a watch but probably worth waiting until it appears on one of your streaming services. - B-
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Godzilla
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 3, 2002

Slenderman

I thought I'd start the month of Halloween off early. Ugh. So, so boring. 2/10
      Mortui Vivos Docent
      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

House of Evil (2018)

Amityville Horror + The Shining ripoff

Crazy boring

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

"The Mule" starring Clint Eastwood...

I'd give it an 8+ out of 10...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

IT - Chapter 2, great movie, but really long. 9 out of 10

Comment

• Godzilla
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 3, 2002

Critters. What a great 80s creature comedy. 8.5/10 My oldest kid (15) even liked it.
              Mortui Vivos Docent
              The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• knight errant00
                8 Inch Action Figure
                • Nov 15, 2005

"A Quiet Place" 8/10

They had free EPIX last weekend so I recorded it. Well done all the way around, strong acting, strong direction, and some original ideas and ways of showing them that made the whole film something different and fresh -- which I really appreciate in modern movies and TV.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Hard Candy (2005)

At first I thought i'd have to FF over all the rape stuff so I can enjoy the revenge parts like I Spit on Your Grave.

Thankfully Hard Candy took a different approach.

If you love the revenge parts of I Spit on Your Grave, try Hard Candy … 4 of 5 stars (if you're into that genre)

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

Joker

Holy poop! This was a very serious look at the spiraling mind of a lunatic. Its closer to an art house film than a traditional superhero movie. That means it has a much slower pace than you might expect but it Phoenix gives an incredible performance. I can't really break down the movie anymore without giving away too much. - A-

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

The Animal (Rob Schneider)

Not as bad as everyone says … If you like Earnest, give it a shot

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

WAR

Can a movie with a $25 million budget and still be a B movie? Yes. Yes, it can. This Indian action film is pure GOLD!! From the dialogue (subtitles) to the steel gazes to the every third scene in slo-mo to forcing in of a Bollywood dance number, this movie is hee-lair-eee-us. I have not seen sunglasses prop usage this cool since David Caruso on CSI:Miami. AND lead actor Hrithik Roshan only walks in slow motion throughout the entire film. He is THAT cool! AND there's more! The action scenes go beyond absurd, raising the stakes on John Woo's famous standoff scenes to create an unforgettable motorcycle do-see-do. If you actually watch this trailer all the way through (for some reason, the subtitles aren't on the trailer but it doesn't need them) there's a scene where one of the leads tears his shirt off for a fight scene. It does not disappoint. So D- that its a solid A of enjoyment.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Spider Man: Far From Home.

I was bored to tears, sorry.

I just can’t relate to these millennials at all. It felt like a Nickelodeon movie of the week or a Saved by the Bell show, argh....albeit a much bigger budgeted one. It also was a sort of a comedy, a lame one at that.

Everyone ragging on Peter Parker, from Nick Fury (disguised or not) to his fellow students...it’s frustrating and annoying as hell. And this continuing Tony Stark/Iron Man worship has got to stop...enough already. Friggn B-superhero turned into a godlike figure...and poor Spidey, the A-superhero playing the friggin role of Robin to Iron Man’s Batman, good grief...I’m done with this Spider Man.

Glad I didn’t waste $20 at the theater...only spent $2 from a Redbox rental.

I used to hate on Toby Maguire, especially his screaming, his disco dancing...and taking off his mask...but Tom Holland, although a good actor...takes off his mask at four times the rate...it’s like Spidey with his mask on is a sin or something.

By FAR the best part was Jake Gyllenhaal/Mysterio. I was rooting for him to win, lol.

Ok, Marisa Tomei still looking great as always, ha.

I’m going to watch Predator now...so I can gain my sanity back...

Far From Home...6/10...
                          Last edited by Hector; Oct 6, '19, 12:03 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

see, now I just watched Far from Home last night and I liked it. much better than Homecoming. Yeah, there's the teen angst stuff, but it was still a fun movie. I would give 7.5-8 out of 10

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                              I would give 7.5-8 out of 10
                              Well, it’s near my score, 6/10...ha...
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Just saw Yesterday on Amazon Prime.

Good movie. Cleverly written. I’m sure some saw it already.

In a world of no Coca Cola...you gotta watch the movie to get that reference, lol...

Yeah, it boils down to a romantic comedy...but it has Beatles songs.

8/10.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎