• Jan 22, 2008

Avengers Infinity War 9/10
    Ready Player One 8/10
    Black Panther 7.5/10

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Avengers Infinity War 10/10. - I mean, what's not to like? If you can't find fun with this, I don't think it's the movie's fault.

Miami Connection 8/10 - This is a very, very so bad it's good 80s Tai Kwan Do movie. Absolutely incredible music, action, acting. The funny part is by the end, you just feel good. I'd give it a 10, but it really is bad.

Comment

• Brazoo
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 14, 2009

TCM sems to be on an old B-Movies kick. (Like, not just crummy movies, but legit B-movies which played as second features.) I never heard of the Maisie series - apparently it was HUGE back in the day.

Maisie (1939) - light and fun

Congo Maisie (1940) - Really dull compared to the first one. The male lead wasn't likable this time at all. Shot using some Tarzan sets, so that part was kinda neat. Super duper racist - as almost to be expected.

The Dragon Murder Case (1934) - Silly plot, but I'm not usually a whodoneit fan. Some of the cast was fun.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

How exactly do I put a number on Roller Boogie (1979)? You've got disco, skates, cute-as-a-button Linda Blair, spandex, high socks, short shorts, and the director of Commando and Class of 1999. This should be Plaid Stallions required viewing.

I enjoyed every minute of it, but I think this clip from the opening credits really captures the fun 70s spirit that oozes from every frame.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Watching a movie based on someone’s rating is subjective to whether or not you share the same taste in movies.
            If someone rated a movie a ten but they hate Rocky movies and love Tom Cruise movies then their 10/10 doesn’t mean a whole lot to me.
            Hopefully our common interests in toys suggests we may appreciate the same type of movies too.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Brazoo
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 14, 2009

Birdman of Alcatraz (1962) - great movie and performance. I saw a lot of this one before, but this is the first time I saw this all the way through. I think it's obvious that this subject is handled poetically rather than completely realistically — but a lot of people, including Stroud's fellow inmates — have criticized the film for this.

Comment

• Brazoo
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 14, 2009

All the King's Men (1949) - Finally got around to seeing this Best Picture winner. Broderick Crawford was a standout - and
                Mercedes McCambridge was also very compelling. Great stuff. It's always impressive when a movie that's almost 70 years old can still seem relevant.

Captain America: Civil War (2016) - this one was actually a re-watch, becuase my 8 year-old neice had not seen it. I wanted to show her how Spider-Man and Black Panther were introduced (she LOVED those), plus she's a fan of Ant-Man, so I wanted to show her the big battle scene. Maybe it's just me, but I found this movie really hard to get through the first time and even harder this time. Normally I don't question the logic of a superhero movie plot much, but Zemo's plan is so impossibly and cartoonishly complex it's hard to not be thrown off by that. Especially since the rest of the movie seems like 1 1/2 hours of "realistic" discussions about signing a UN accord. Why try for such realism if your plot is going to be loony tunes? Bah. The big action scenes held up well, at least.

Comment

• hobub
                  Ghost of a Dead Indian
                  • Jun 18, 2001

I’m sitting here watching Jungle Jim on TCM with Johnny Weissmuller and who shows up is none other than George Reeves. Now if that doesn’t beat all. A jungle adventure movie with both Tarzan and Superman in it! And absolutely No CGI. It’s a pleasant evening.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

^You and I are on the same page...er, screen, brother.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Been getting into Amicus horror anthology movies

I never realized they made like a million of them - many on youtube in nice quality.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

Amicus made some fun films.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• jimbutsu
                          Memory *is* RAM!
                          • Apr 11, 2002

The Room 14/10 - it's everything.
                          "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Been getting into Amicus horror anthology movies

I never realized they made like a million of them - many on youtube in nice quality.
                            I have been exploring more Amicus since I've seen about all the major Hammers. Great stuff with their own flavor! I do tend to get the segments mixed up as far as which movie they are in sometimes.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• hobub
                              Ghost of a Dead Indian
                              • Jun 18, 2001

Outlaw Josey Wales just airing on AMC. It is awesome. “It’s not for eatin..., it’s for lookin through”

Up next is Open Range with Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall. I’ve seen it and will watch again. They did an excellent job in 2003 of capturing the spirit of the great Westerns of the earlier eras.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

^I love both of those films. My favorite Clint Eastwood western (and Clint movie period) and my favorite NON-Eastwood western.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎