• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
    The Fog (1980) 7/10
    I have never seen this before, so weird but i recently got Shudder and popped it on. Carpenter to me is like Pizza, even when it's not great it's still pizza. I liked this movie but I didn't love it.
    The Fog has always been a favorite of mine. Great cast! Adrienne Barbeau, Jamie Lee Curtis, Janet Leigh, John Houseman, Hal Holbrook etc...
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Putting a random year into Tubi got me "The Big Bird Cage." It had Pam Grier so I was in. In was gloriously horrible along the lines of women in prisons movies.

WARNING: This is a RED band trailer-
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

To cleanse my adolescent palette, I then watched "Starcrash" (1979). It didn't work.

From it's rolling prologue to an evil empire, this one was clearly trying to ride the coattails of Star Wars. Again, this was wonderfully terrible. It made me wonder if it was ever on MST3K.

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

The Cable Guy

The feeling of this movie would have been so different and so much better if original choice for lead Chris Farley starred.

With the exact same script Farley would have come off as "tragic" rather than Carry's "annoying" character

Comment

• Brazoo
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by Mikey
            The Cable Guy

The feeling of this movie would have been so different and so much better if original choice for lead Chris Farley starred.

With the exact same script Farley would have come off as "tragic" rather than Carry's "annoying" character
            Huh. There's a bunch of interesting 'what ifs' with that one for sure. That movie affected Stiller, Apatow, and Carrey's career in interesting ways.

I saw it in the theatre when it originally came out and really liked it and I saw it again a few months ago at a rep theatre. Supposedly it's gained a cult following, but the theatre was nearly empty. In some ways I liked it even more now. I especially loved seeing all the actors I didn't know from anything the first time around.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by drquest
              The Fog has always been a favorite of mine. Great cast! Adrienne Barbeau, Jamie Lee Curtis, Janet Leigh, John Houseman, Hal Holbrook etc...

...and Tom Atkins!

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Slugs (1988) - This was a blast. More fun than it should have been. It didn't hurt that they kept inserting the opening theme music of Amazon Women on the Moon for all the tension/action scenes. Decent effects too, for the budget and subject.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I am very hit-and-miss with Carpenter films. I didn't see The Fog until I was an adult and it's one of my favorites.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; May 4, '19, 10:49 AM. Reason: clarification
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Huge Carpenter fan myself. He had a golden period from Halloween up until about Prince of Darkness. Big Trouble in Little China might be my personal favorite. I loved the Fog though. It helped that the little boy's name was Andy. The scene where old lady Kobritz is babysitting him when they knock on the door is chilling.

Anyway, I was able to see Carpenter and his sons on tour 2 years ago in Syracuse, NY. They blew the roof off the place. You can get a concert blu ray here: https://www.stormkingproductionsstor...gory-s/126.htm. It's an incredible body of work.

I also was able to get this picture signed through the mail. Tough to see from the glare but he is leaning on the piece of driftwood from the Elizabeth Dane from The Fog.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Horror Noir 8/10
                      Great new documentary about the relationship of black America and horror movies. I highly recommend it, a little too short and I thought more could have been said about "Dawn of the Dead" but they covered all the bases.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched "Death House" (2017)

How could a movie starring Kane Hodder, Barbara Crampton, Bill Moseley, Dee Wallace, Tony Todd, Camille Keaton, Adrienne Barbeau, Sid Haig, Brinke Stevens, Vernon Wells, Michael Berryman and MORE ………. be so bad ?

What a let down

Story was incomprehensible

Comment

• Brazoo
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
                          Anyway, I was able to see Carpenter and his sons on tour 2 years ago in Syracuse, NY. They blew the roof off the place. You can get a concert blu ray here: https://www.stormkingproductionsstor...gory-s/126.htm. It's an incredible body of work.
                          I saw him live too — it was fantastic!

Comment

• Brazoo
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 14, 2009

Perfect Bid: The Contestant Who Knew Too Much (2017) — never heard of this doc before, it randomly caught my eye on Netflix. Such a weird focus and I loved it. I think probably anyone who watched The Price is Right would get a kick out of it.

EDIT: Here's an article in Esquire that goes into different details about this story. I had never heard of this before. I find the differences in attitude between Bob Barker and Drew Carey interesting.

In thirty-eight years, The Price is Right never had a contestant guess the exact value of prizes in the Showcase showdown. Until Terry Kniess came on—and changed everything.
                            Last edited by Brazoo; May 7, '19, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Mikey
                              Just watched "Death House" (2017)

How could a movie starring Kane Hodder, Barbara Crampton, Bill Moseley, Dee Wallace, Tony Todd, Camille Keaton, Adrienne Barbeau, Sid Haig, Brinke Stevens, Vernon Wells, Michael Berryman and MORE ………. be so bad ?

What a let down

Story was incomprehensible
                              Wow, that's quite an impressive cast. Too bad they couldn't make something meaningful with that range of talent.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Netflix’ Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile starring Zach Efron.

Zach Efron, the Justin Bieber of acting...but I was pleasantly surprised at his portrayal of mass serial killer Ted Bundy.

The movie shows almost no gore, little blood. It really doesn’t focus on him killing his victims on screen...it’s more on the court trial and his relationship with his live in girlfriend and another woman, two individuals who he did not murder, opted to have relationships with them instead.

I was surprised at his acting, he can act...and it was a fascinating take on Ted Bundy.

Not a perfect movie, but very watchable if you are bored late night and have nothing else to do.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎