Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19242934394243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Rate the last movie you watched thread

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    It’s a lighthearted romantic comedy...but it gets 8/10 because it has Beatles songs.

There was one wonderful emotional scene though, don’t want to spoil it...but you know what I mean...I’ll just mention paintings in a house by the beach.
    Yep. Loved that scene.

I caught it in the theater for no other reason than I really wanted to get out and do something and there was nothing else on I wanted to see. I knew it was a Romantic Comedy and I almost always skip those, but "Beatles Music". It was a nice little movie with many good things going for it. Thought Lily James was adorable. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the movie.

Images
    Highlander 8/10 My kids hadn't seen it so we popped it in. Such a fun movie.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Great choice, Highlander is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Makernaut View Post
    Yep. Loved that scene.

I caught it in the theater for no other reason than I really wanted to get out and do something and there was nothing else on I wanted to see. I knew it was a Romantic Comedy and I almost always skip those, but "Beatles Music". It was a nice little movie with many good things going for it. Thought Lily James was adorable. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the movie.
    Lily James is indeed adorable...

Images
    watched the Death Wish remake last night. not bad, but nothing special either. very by the book revenge movie. lacking the charm of the Bronson version. I give it a 7 out of 10

Images
    Was watching Macon County Line (1974) free on tubi

Watched the whole thing thinking the main guy was Scott Wilson (for modern audiences, Hershel from Walking Dead)

Turns out I was wrong, the actor was actually Jesse Vint.

Tell me if these two guys could be twins …

m
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post

It certainly didn't help matters that this is the second time they've done this story within the same series of films, and neither version got it right.
    Yeah. I thought the same. Though in the XCU there was a timeline reset which allowed them to redo stories. I didn't hate either dark phoenix x movie, but I also didn't love either. Just popcorn flicks.

Bram Stoker's Dracula 6/10. It's a solid retelling, even if it takes some creative liberties. Keanu and Winona's ridiculous accentsare laughable, but everybody delivered good performances. It just feels dated, and a bit claustrophobic. Tom Waits' Renfield is the standout performance.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    The Gate (1987). I missed this through the years and so I’m seeing it with virgin eyes. I really enjoyed it for the nostalgia aspect the most, but I was very pleasantly surprised at the good special effects throughout. It was a little slow to get going, but once it turned the corner, it was one special-effects laden encounter after another. The movie surprised me quite a few times too.

The kid actors did great. The story is pretty straight-forward. The 80’s fashion and hair takes you back to a vibe. The opening credits and music literally look like the opening credits of Stranger Things. Of course that series is an homage to these sorts of movies.

For fans of Evil Dead, Monster Squad, stop-motion stuff, 80’s horror movie nostalgia that isn’t slasher...

It’s a 7.5 out of 10 for me.

It's got a young Stephen Dorff. Fun movie. Been a few years since I last saw it.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)