Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28333843485152535455 LastLast

Thread: Official Rate the last movie you watched thread

Images
    Gotti (John Travolta)

Really bad -- unentertaining and a chore to watch

The 1996 HBO Armand Assante movie is like Citizen Kane compared to this turkey
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    I've been sick all week, and sat down to watch The Lighthouse....

...but I turned on YoutubeTV for a minute and it had a movies suggestion. I thought "watch the opening, turn it off". Instead I ended up watching the worst movie of the 2000's. I watched Blade Trinity

It's rare to watch a flick that gets everything wrong. The plot shifts, twice. It has five different shooting aesthetics. The casting is gawd awful. The dialogue, just garbage. But for me what really hits is always the editing, and this is abominable. It's over-stylized and tonally deaf. Now I know why Goyer's Flash went nowhere.

I'm really hard-pressed to think of a worse movie.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    I'm really hard-pressed to think of a worse movie.
    Red Sonja

I saw this on one of the movie channels I just realized I get with my cable pkg (Movieplex) and decided to record it on a whim. I had never seen it. Red Sonja might actually be less disappointing then Blade Trinity, but that doesn't keep it from being horrible. The swordplay can be decent at times, but for the most part, the fight scenes, one of the reasons I watch fantasy films, are too long and just plain boring. When some kind of unexplained mechanical water beast shows up, equally inexplicably in a castle, and the stars take turns riding it around, futilely hacking at it's metal hide, I fought to keep attention. The acting is inconsistent at best but it must've been hard to deliver much of the dialogue. - D-
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Images
    Godzilla King of Monsters (2019)

1. Why is there always a tuba sound right before Godzilla appears ? … Is he farting ?

2. Bad monster has you cornered and is about to eat you …. Out on nowhere Godzilla saves the day .... This cliché was used 3 times in GKOM's

3. Too much human action …. Don't break away from a fight between Monster Zero and Godzilla just to show a woman driving away.
    That's like during the Rocky 4 final fight the camera breaks away to show Pauly going to the toilet

4. Movie was too dark - literally

5. Seemed to run extra long … by the end I was like FINALLY !!!

6. Should have used the original version of Godzilla by BOC … Remake makes the movie feel cheap

I had a double feature of 80s action. Most of the films in that era annoy me but these two stand out.

Best of the Best - James Earl Jones is putting together a martial arts team to take on Korea. Tons of 80s clichés but it works. There is some pretty cool action and a decent human element. Eric (I cry in every movie) Roberts stars. 9/10

I Come in Peace - This was renamed overseas as Dark Angel. This has Dolph Lundgren and Bran Benben as the typical love/hate relationship buddy cop/FBI stuff. The effects in this are really, really good for a lower budget. The alien villain in this is cool and funny even though he doesn't really speak except to say "I come in peace." 9/10
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Images
    Shazam

Great movie, no complaints

A fun watch

Images
    I really enjoyed Shazam too. this is what DC movies should be, FUN!

Images
    The Good Liar was an excellent film! Very cleverly written. Ian McKellen is just an excellent actor!

Terminator: Dark Fate...…..I can see why that film bombed at the box office! It was simply atrocious!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    I really enjoyed Shazam too. this is what DC movies should be, FUN!
    Yes absolutely

It's probably my fav superhero movie since Batman 89

Shazam! Was a one-time watch for me. It was okay (I prefer Tom Hanks Big). But definitely better than Aquaman (Finding Nemo is way better).

But that’s just me...maybe I’m the Walking Dead, lol.