X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey
    Just watched a cheapo horror movie with Monte Markham as the patriarch of a psycho cannibal family living in the woods.
    For some reason, when I read that I saw Monty Landis not Monty Markham. There's the patriarch of a psycho cannibal family for ya...

Comment

• Adam West
      Museum CPA
      • Apr 14, 2003

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 9.5/10. My favorite Spider-Man movie. I only knock half a point off because I am waiting for the perfect Spider-Man movie

Free Solo 10/10. Normally not a documentary for me. Story about a extreme rock climber who scales El Captain with no ropes and it is free right now on demand if you have the Nat Geo Channel

Green Book 10/10. I usually don’t love movies that have won Best Picture Oscar but loved it
      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Free Solo is fantastic. Alex Honnold is a beast...the ballsiest athlete in the history of the world. 3000 ft, nearly 4 hours of free climb...NO FRIGGIN ROPES!!! The documentary won an Oscar too. Alex is so humble, what a nice guy. The guy who shot it also climbed a first as well, check him out in Meru...

If you loved Free Solo, you will love Meru as well...

BTW, I’ve been to Yosemite many times...imcluding the base of El Capitan...that’s some scary wall...like three Empire State buildings all stack up on top of each other...
        Last edited by Hector; Mar 19, '19, 7:57 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Hector

BTW, I’ve been to Yosemite many times...imcluding the base of El Capitan...that’s some scary wall...like three Empire State buildings all stack up on top of each other...
          I've always wanted to visit Yosemite someday ever since I seen an old viewmaster reel of it in the early 70's …. It's like magical and unreal --- like something a painter created and you would think "no way this place exists in real life"

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

It truly is, Mike. The very first time I went...it was like traveling to another world. The granite is everywhere. The gigantic stone rocks are incredible. Also home of giant sequoias trees...they take your breath away.
            sigpic

Comment

• Adam West
              Museum CPA
              • Apr 14, 2003

I was on edge watching it even though I knew he accomplished it!! It was almost a 90 degree ascent on granite which is super slippery. I would have freaked out if he did this live on tv like Evel Knieval, but 4 hours would not have worked. Highly recommend
              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Adam West
                Museum CPA
                • Apr 14, 2003

Another document series on Netflix that I have only watched about 4 episodes. It is called “Loser” and focuses on athletes of various sports from boxing to curling (yep, curling) who are mostly unknown, suffered the “Agony of Defeat” and how they persevered and have successful lives despite their losses in competitive sports
                ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Dumbo: 7/10
                  Sure the character development and writing could have been better, but Michael Keaton and Alan Arkin were great and Tim Burton actually made me care about a CGI elephant.

Missing Link: 8.5/10
                  Don't judge this one by the weak trailer; Laika has created another compelling and visually beautiful stop motion adventure film. The Yeti are fantastic… NECA needs to make these toys!
                  Last edited by Confessional; Apr 15, '19, 9:08 AM. Reason: … it's early, I'm not yet moving at 30 fps!

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Captain Marvel 6.5/10
                    I thought it was ok but it's the fourth Marvel movie where I've thought "I don't need to see all of these in a theatre". Admirable sentiment and message but slightly marred (IMO) by some awkward story telling. Full disclosure, I really never had any interest in any iteration of this character, honestly know nothing about the Kree/Skrull thing, nada, so i went in kind of lukewarm to the concept. I did however wish my daughter was seeing it with me.

Kung Fu The Movie 6.5/10
                    Ten years later conclusion to the TV series, I'm a huge fan of the show and I remember loving this when it aired (yikes) 33 years ago. It's the first movie to feature Brandon Lee and he's a really good actor. Some nice nods to the original series but for some reason the producers decided to make Caine magic, he can float now and the conclusion (with Mako!) is a mystical battle. It does have an above average score and theme tune though.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brazoo
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 14, 2009

Us - loved it. I thought it was a fantastic follow-up to Get Out.

The Beach Bum - also loved it, and even though I thought the cast was hilarious (for me, Martin Lawrence has never been funnier) I will only feel comfortable recommending it to Harmony Korine fans because this will not be for everyone.

Comment

• toyman
                        Just Another Collector
                        • Sep 1, 2008

The Mule, Clint Eastwood's last movie as he said is outstanding as most of his are. It has all range of emotions thru out it, if you liked Grand Torino you like this as much or more.

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

Teen Titans go to the movies. It was fun. Not really any better than the series. Glad I waited to see it on the small screen. I watched it with my 12 year old daughter who is currently into staring at anime YouTube videos and was formerly a Teen Titans Go binge watcher. So, I would say it's a good movie and we enjoyed it.

Comment

• Brue
                            User without title
                            • Sep 29, 2005

I watched the Bruce Willis version of Deathwish last week. I saw the Charles Bronson version so many years ago I could not remember the story. The Bruce Willis one was actually pretty good. That is until the end when neither the policeman nor the brother we're the Bad Guy. There was no purpose to this movie. There was no satisfactory ending. There was no reason for this movie to exist

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

Watched Dunkirk last night. A little confusing with the listing of times in the beginning. However, those times didn't really mean anything. It is a very good movie. I always get very sad when I watch war movies or read them (I am currently reading All Quiet on the Western Front). I was in the army during Desert Storm. I never personally faced any harm. However, The subject just makes me sad

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Dunkirk was great.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎