Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

"Hostiles"- I'd give it a solid 8 on a scale of 1-10...

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

They Shall Not Grow Old

Peter Jackson, working with the BBC and 600 hours of film footage of WWI from the British view and mostly in the trenches.

My son and I went to see it and it's done very very well, and the work done to restore the footage and the colorization is done tastefully. They used actual voice over story telling from WWI veterans that had been recorded in the 60's-70's.

9.5 out 10 for me

Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Die Hard 8.5/10
        Die Hard 2 7/10
        Kelly's Heroes 6.5/10

Comment

• Godzilla
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 3, 2002

Blood from the Mummy's Tomb 1971- I had never seen this Hammer so I gave it a go. It was ok, but I'm always confused when there's no "mummy" in a mummy movie. Valerie Leon is easy on the eyes. 6.5/10

Blood_From_The_Mummys_Tomb_Emerald_ThinkPink1-800x800.jpg
          Mortui Vivos Docent
          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Godzilla
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 3, 2002

The Pharaoh's Curse 1957. Ugh. The mummy, is more a vampire. Kind of a slog to get through. 3/10
            Mortui Vivos Docent

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Captain Marvel...I give it an 8 out of 10. It's not the Captain Marvel of Thanos fame/stories...as long as you put that in your head before you go to see the movie you will be fine. GREAT Soundtrack too.

Comment

• Duncan
                Museum focus-groupie
                • Jun 27, 2009

Captain Marvel: B+/A-. My only issue (aside from 25 minutes of previews) is that it's an origin story, so it does have to check certain boxes. And, if it were a stand-alone movie outside of Marvel, yeah, audiences would kind of wonder what the point was. All it really accomplishes is introducing the character and setting the rules of her part of the Marvel universe. But I'm fine with that because it's not a stand-alone. Now I'm psyched to see the next chapter.

Comment

• Godzilla
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 3, 2002

The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb 1964. It's Hammer and there's actually a mummy. 6.5/10
                  Mortui Vivos Docent

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Captain Marvel. 8 out of 10

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

I digitally "rented" LORDS OF CHAOS this past week. Loosely based on the book of the same name that dealt with the craziness of the Norwegian black metal scene of the early 90's (which included church arsons, a suicide, a couple murders and a bunch of musicians ending up in prison), starring Rory Culkin (Macaulay's brother) as late Mayhem guitarist Euronymous. There was definitely some historical inaccuracies, and a lot of stuff glossed over (likely for the sake of a roughly two hour running time), but still an entertaining film, and the spirit is there, but man, the murder scenes are brutal. The film was in development hell for years, but the end result was better than I hoped to expect, I'd give it 7/10.
                      Last edited by cjefferys; Mar 10, '19, 6:33 PM.

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Duncan
                        Captain Marvel: B+/A-. My only issue (aside from 25 minutes of previews) is that it's an origin story, so it does have to check certain boxes. And, if it were a stand-alone movie outside of Marvel, yeah, audiences would kind of wonder what the point was. All it really accomplishes is introducing the character and setting the rules of her part of the Marvel universe. But I'm fine with that because it's not a stand-alone. Now I'm psyched to see the next chapter.
                        What Duncan said.
                        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 30, 2012

Captain Marvel 9/10. Fun, entertaining movie. The Stan Lee tribute was well done. People who decided to pass on this one because they're upset about Brie Larson's comments are missing out on a fun ride.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Death Wish (Bruce Willis)

3-1/2 stars of 5

I liked it … Guessing it get's such a low rating because of its pro gun-vigilantly theme in today's PC world.

Willis is no Bronson, but he's surprising good in the role

Comment

• Wee67
                              Museum Correspondent
                              • Apr 2, 2002

My wife and I see a movie almost every Friday night. Admittedly, that equals seeing some pretty bad movies sometimes, but it also means hitting upon some surprises. That would be the case with last Friday’s ‘Captive State.’

It was an enjoyably solid ‘B’. Set in the old near future, world has been taken over aliens, a resistance force may be regrouping two years after being wiped out in Chicago. What I really liked was that, after some set up in the open, they really didn’t big the plot down, over explaining every facet of life in this world. The audience is smart enough to piece it together as it goes along. It did make me sometimes feel as though they were not going to be able to tie events together but they did and did so in a very satisfying way. It was not a big, overarching story. It’s just one piece of what is surely a kinder story. But it’s a very enjoyable little story.

BTW, the last surprise we came across was a movie call ‘Upgrade.’ I highly recommend it if you get the chance.
                              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched a cheapo horror movie with Monte Markham as the patriarch of a psycho cannibal family living in the woods.

After all these years Monte Markham still has it

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎