X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Godzilla - King of the monsters.

I didn't watch 2014 Godzilla because I heard it was bad and just never got around to it.

I saw the preview for the new one and thought it looked like old school monster fighting fun. Nope. Just 2 hours of bad script with 10 minutes of monster fights.

2 thumbs down.

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
      John Rambo (2019).

- Ian
      I heard that a new Rambo movie was coming out. But I didn't remember it actually coming out. Apparently it di. Your review is the first I have heard. You drew First Blood.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Shin Godzilla or Godzilla Resurgence, Japanese version with English subtitles, a bit to much talking and not enough big G stomping around, then Godzilla being frozen stiff right smack in the middle of the city and that's how it ends? okay so what happends next? Actually when Godzilla first appears he's on all fours stomping around, you wouldn't even known it was him without the back scales. I would give it a 6.5 out of 10, because it did pay homage to the original and when Godzilla was standing on two feet he had a creepy freighting look, like the original.

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

The Rhythm Section

This movie had potential disappointment written all over it before it even came out. Maybe those low expectations allowed me to enjoy this movie... well, more than I expected to. It is paced more like an indie film than the La Femme Nikita-esque action that was originally promised (studio heads changed and the budget was dramatically cut). Lively gives a fantastic performance and the action is more realistic than other Spy films, but both of those factors tend to slow down the pace. I was OK with that but I think others might be disappointed vs the trailer's promise. Ultimately the story had great elements that weren't woven together as tightly as they should've been. And it's all about story - C+

Cannon Ball Run II

Do they even make these giant cast, multi-story lined goofy comedies any more? With so many stars, many at the twilight of their career and others reflective of their 15 minutes at the time, it felt like an extended episode of the Love Boat. I don't know that I ever saw this sequel. I went in looking for goofy 80's comedy and I got it in spades. Captain Chaos could not and should not be done today, but I easily blamed his silliness on being reflective of the times. Plus Charles Nelson Reilly!! - B- for nostalgia
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn

This was way better than Suicide Squad but it still came up way short. They clearly tried to embrace a lighter but more action-packed (sometimes gory) approach. While the action was fun at times, the jokes always seemed to lay flat. Much of the movie just feels forced, especially the early efforts to make sure this was a bona fide R-rated movie. I'm still not sure why they called the two characters in the film Black Canary and Huntress. I'm OK with re-imaginings, but these characters were barely recognizable. - D+

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

The Cassandra Crossing

If this movie was meant to be serious it's the worst movie in the world

If this movie was meant to be a disaster movie parody I give it an AAAA++++ … and this was pre-Airplane

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

The Beast and the Magic Sword

This is a later Paul Naschy werewolf "epic" in the series of Waldemar Daninsky films. This time, ol' Waldo goes to JAPAN to seek a cure from a Samurai/Sage healer called Sian.

The Good:
                Makes a fine companion piece with Hammer's Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires. Instead of Vampires in China, you have Werewolves in Japan, each with their signature warrior fighting styles of the Orient.
                • The Werewolf fights a Tiger (not a spoiler... it's right on the poster) in a scene that ranks up there with Zombie's Shark vs. Zombie scene.
                • It's ambitious... I think Naschy really intended to make an epic film with what he had.

The Bad:
                • It's too long. At almost 2 hours, this really could use some trimming. It definitely requires pacing
                • It's subtitled. I like my foreign product dubbed. To me, it's not embarrassing, it just adds to the absurdity.

The Astonishing:
                This came out on 1983!!!! Think about that for a second. The Howling and American Werewolf in London had already landed two years ago, and Naschy attempted to keep pace with those more modern, effects-laden and ground breaking lycanthropy films. Amazing that this throwback film exists even at all.

Worth a view, but only for people with a strong desire to see all of Naschy's stuff.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Ford vs Ferrari. Helluva movie!

9/10
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

The Devil's Nightmare

Yeah, now that's what I'm talking about! This "adults only" Belgian-Italian gothic chiller is surprisingly effective. I'd never seen it before. While it's got some expected laugh out loud moments you'd expect from a euro-trash import like this, it also has some genuinely unsettling and effective scares. Erika Blanc plays (spoilers) a Succubus, and her performance actually shocked me, bringing much more than I expected. It's not for everyone, but if you enjoy spooky castles, needless nudity, oozing atmosphere, you could do a lot worse than this bizarre European horror from the age of loosened restrictions on film. Had a blast with this one.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

The Phantom Menace 5/10
                      Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 7.5/10
                      Tombstone 6.5/10

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Gotti (John Travolta)

Really bad -- unentertaining and a chore to watch

The 1996 HBO Armand Assante movie is like Citizen Kane compared to this turkey

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

I've been sick all week, and sat down to watch The Lighthouse....

...but I turned on YoutubeTV for a minute and it had a movies suggestion. I thought "watch the opening, turn it off". Instead I ended up watching the worst movie of the 2000's. I watched Blade Trinity

It's rare to watch a flick that gets everything wrong. The plot shifts, twice. It has five different shooting aesthetics. The casting is gawd awful. The dialogue, just garbage. But for me what really hits is always the editing, and this is abominable. It's over-stylized and tonally deaf. Now I know why Goyer's Flash went nowhere.

I'm really hard-pressed to think of a worse movie.

Comment

• Wee67
                            Museum Correspondent
                            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by hedrap
                            I'm really hard-pressed to think of a worse movie.
                            Red Sonja

I saw this on one of the movie channels I just realized I get with my cable pkg (Movieplex) and decided to record it on a whim. I had never seen it. Red Sonja might actually be less disappointing then Blade Trinity, but that doesn't keep it from being horrible. The swordplay can be decent at times, but for the most part, the fight scenes, one of the reasons I watch fantasy films, are too long and just plain boring. When some kind of unexplained mechanical water beast shows up, equally inexplicably in a castle, and the stars take turns riding it around, futilely hacking at it's metal hide, I fought to keep attention. The acting is inconsistent at best but it must've been hard to deliver much of the dialogue. - D-

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Godzilla King of Monsters (2019)

1. Why is there always a tuba sound right before Godzilla appears ? … Is he farting ?

2. Bad monster has you cornered and is about to eat you …. Out on nowhere Godzilla saves the day .... This cliché was used 3 times in GKOM's

3. Too much human action …. Don't break away from a fight between Monster Zero and Godzilla just to show a woman driving away.
                              That's like during the Rocky 4 final fight the camera breaks away to show Pauly going to the toilet

4. Movie was too dark - literally

5. Seemed to run extra long … by the end I was like FINALLY !!!

6. Should have used the original version of Godzilla by BOC … Remake makes the movie feel cheap

Comment

• Random Axe
                                The Voice of Reason
                                • Apr 16, 2008

I had a double feature of 80s action. Most of the films in that era annoy me but these two stand out.

Best of the Best - James Earl Jones is putting together a martial arts team to take on Korea. Tons of 80s clichés but it works. There is some pretty cool action and a decent human element. Eric (I cry in every movie) Roberts stars. 9/10

I Come in Peace - This was renamed overseas as Dark Angel. This has Dolph Lundgren and Bran Benben as the typical love/hate relationship buddy cop/FBI stuff. The effects in this are really, really good for a lower budget. The alien villain in this is cool and funny even though he doesn't really speak except to say "I come in peace." 9/10
                                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎