X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Wine Country 6/10
    I was pretty excited to see a movie full of some of the funniest SNL writers and performers but it's just sort of good, not great. It lacks a standout character, which is weird because it's got all the talent it could ever want.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Don Juan Demarco 8/10
      One of Depp's best performances in my opinion.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

The Dead Don't Die

I was really disappointed with this Jim Jarmusch film only raising to the level of mediocrity. I've really liked a lot of Jarmusch stuff over the years, the cast was simply amazing AND it was a comedic take on zombies- it should've been awesome! It was inconsistent on every level- The humor was spotty and sometimes didn't hit the mark. If there was a theme going on it seemed to lack direction. Even the story itself simply seemed to meander with out much satisfaction along the way. Tilda Swinton's role was fun but even it left me thinking "huh?"
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• alex
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 15, 2009

I am mother

Im surprised this hasnt been mentioned somewhere, scifi netflix movie, which leaves U thinking at the end. Good lazy watch. 7/10 maybe a 8, depending on how much thinking U want to do, U can work some things out

Last edited by alex; Jun 17, '19, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by alex
            I am mother

Im surprised this hasnt been mentioned somewhere[/url]
            I’m surprised you did not post in my Sc-Fi thread on I Am Mother way back in May 30th...

Don?t watch the entire trailer, just maybe 30 seconds, as it shows too much info. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BKctcZxrM&app=desktop :grin:

Seemed like no one cared, sniff...

P.S. Good movie, I enjoyed it as well.
            sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Dark Phoenix. I give it an F, only because the grading scale doesn't go as low as "Q".
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• megomania
                Persistent Member
                • Jan 2, 2010

Escape Plan with Stallone and Arnold...was looking for anything interesting on Tubi app last night. Wasn't too bad. I'd give it a 7/10.

-Chris

Comment

• Treadwell
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Dec 31, 2018

Saw Toy Story 4 today. Wonderful.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Kong Skull Island, got to watch it for free on Xfinity on demand, good but not great, while Kong was cool, the movie itself was fair, I'm not a big Samuel L Jackson fan either, he always seems to act like he has some sort of attitude or chip on his shoulder.

It will be interesting to see how they get Kong and Godzilla to meet? by the sounds of it, it's going to be a remake Batman v Superman, but instead we have two of the most famous monsters fighting then teaming up, instead of two of the most famous superheroes fighting then teaming up.

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Yup. They become friends when Kong realizes his mom is also named Marthazilla.
                      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

The Exorcist 3

This movie should be more well known and liked than it is …

It deserves mainstream praise as a criminal psychological thriller as well as a horror movie.

In many ways I like it more the The Exorcist 1

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

The Old Man and the Gun. just Robert Redford playing a 70 year old bank robber. not great but a fun movie....7/10

I liked exorcist 3 too Mike. Been a long time since I saw it but I remember it was pretty good when I saw it in theaters when it originally came out

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                            The Old Man and the Gun. just Robert Redford playing a 70 year old bank robber. not great but a fun movie....7/10
                            Just checked it out myself a couple of days ago. I liked it too.

That was his last movie. He’s retired now.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

If you are in the mood for gritty independent movies. Check these out. Saw them, all really good.

...and many here hate Robert Pattinson. Hey, not a big fan either, but he’s really good here, dude can act...

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

Divided

Usually I like cramped post apocalyptic trapped in a bunker movies but this one was pretty bad.

Typical all human civilities break down after the bomb drops trash but super overly done.

To all ladies out there, not ALL men want to rape you - not even after an atomic holocaust

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎