• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by monitor_ep
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]31330[/ATTACH]
    Well boyfriend & I were invited to watch Disney's Jungle Cruise with dear old friends today. We found it entertaining & enjoyed it as a popcorn summer movie. It has been decades since I went to Disney & went on the ride so I could not compare the two. As a bonus we were happy that it was gay friendly..sorta.
    This reminded me of an updated version of the 60s and 70s Disney films- fun, silly, popcorn fun. The beginning cruise scene has a lot of nods the Disney ride, but the rest of the movie has nothing to do with it. The effects are good enough that they might scare some of the little ones, but it was good family fun. We really enjoyed this!
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Gunpowder Milkshake. 6/10

it's basically a female version of John Wick, except with a lot of humor thrown in. Stars Karen Gillen and Lena Hedy. some of the fight scenes are clearly sped up and silly looking but overall a fun romp. it is a rather gory film and some extremely violent fight scenes

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

After watching 4 season of Elite I needed to watch something without subtitles so we decided to watch Paw Patrol The Movie. It was good no brainer movie that we needed.

Paw Patrol The Movie.jpg
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Zone 414

zone-414-poster 2.jpgzone-414-poster-1024x576-1.jpg

Set in the near future, private detective David Carmichael is hired by Marlon Veidt, an eccentric businessman, to track down his missing daughter. David teams up with Jane, a highly advanced A.I. to solve the mystery.
          Tonight after Roswell boyfriend & I watched Zone 414 with Guy Pearce. It was a murder mystery movie you have to watch till the end. For a future show and the cost of what it takes to get into the Zone 414 you would think it would look better than the graffiti crapped streets.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

"The Oklahoman"- 3/5

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

"Hombre" with Paul Newman... 3.5/5

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Kate was awesome!

75FEDE29-2245-4EA0-B3AA-5C91D3A2F6C9.jpg
                sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Samurai Reincarnation, 1981 (original cut), Kinji Fukasaku

…been catching up on Sonny Chiba's filmography. It's strange and provocative, full of death, sex, and religious fantasy with weapons and witchcraft!… also at times really funny, and bad in both good and bad ways. Definitely unique in the genre.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Candyman (1992)

Didn't get it …

He was good (in life) but now he's bad ?

Say his name five times and he comes ?

Did he ever come and kill Sammy Davis Jr

Comment

• rykerw1701
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 27, 2007

Monday night we watched the classic "Grizzly II: The Revenge." I think Ed Wood could have watched the movie and said "Wow, that's really bad." It's a move that says it "stars" Charlie Sheen, George Clooney and Laura Dern. They're in it about 3 minutes. And then there's John Rhys-Daves. Somehow he went from working with Steven Speilberg, George Lucas and Harrison Ford on Raiders just three years before to this travesty. I think it's a movie so bad that it's good. They took the script from Jaws, and said, "Hey kids! We can do this with a fake bear and many $2,500! No really, it's gonna be awesome!" It's so incoherent it sat on the shelf for nearly 40 years before it was released last year. It didn't even make it onto Betamax. I'm waiting for George Clooney to make the talk show rounds apologizing for this one, too.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                        Monday night we watched the classic "Grizzly II: The Revenge." ……....
                        On Tubi, right ?

Tried watching it but the sound was so low and muffled I didn't even bother after 5 minutes …

I'll wholeheartedly admit i'm half deef, but at least meet me half-way and play it with (at least) normal sound

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

I met George Clooney back in April, he was directing a movie scene just two houses up from me.

I can’t believe he was in my town on my little side street directing a movie. The house they used was the most horrible run down looking house, I don’t even know who owned it, but it must have been perfect for the scene. They filmed for 2 days, so many cars-trucks and tinted window black vans with New York license plates on my street.

The scenes were one inside the house, which we couldn’t see, and the other was an outdoor scene where a police car picks up a teenage boy and drives away, we stood on the side and watched. Matt Damon is in the movie too, but the scenes didn’t include him, so he wasn’t there.

The movie is called “The Tender Bar” you can Wikipedia it, it’s supposed to be based in the 70’s we had to move our cars out of the driveway onto the next street over, since why would cars made in the 2,000’s be in a 70’s movie? The houses in the area were one level ranches built in the 50-60’s so it must have been what he was looking for.

After the scenes were rapped up, Clooney spoke to everyone, apologizing if he inconvenienced or interrupted are daily lives,
                          (our you kidding?) he signed some autographs against the wishes of his security because of Covid, and yes he did wear a mask, but did take it off for most pics.

I have to say, he was very very nice and accommodating, he was leaving and there was a little girl standing next to me who was holding a sign asking for an autograph, he got out of the van and came over signed it and then signed some others, one kid had some Batman boxed figures from his movie that he autographed too. I can’t wait to check this movie out, the ending scene with the police car goes right by my house.

I’m not sure if the movie will be in theaters or go to something like Netflix or HBO? but apparently Clooney has his own or co-owns a film company. If I had the chance, I would have asked him to hold a mego figure, but something tells me they would have had me committed.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

That's a great story.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Finally a chance to say what I want …………

I loved George Clooney in the movie, "Batman & Robin"

Back in the day my Ma was suffering from the big-C (taking care of her-24-7)

Batman & Robin was one of the only movies I got out to see

LOVED IT !!! took my mind off of bad things if only for a few seconds

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

Cry Macho.

i have mixed feelings on this one. Clint Eastwood is one of my all time favorite actors. this was a well done movie, though i thought the end kind of abrupt. it's also hard to accept Clint in any type of action at this point, i mean the guy is 91. he actually rides a horse in this movie briefly, and yes he really did it. but seeing him throw punches and having the love interest, just a bit of a stretch. but really it is a good movie, a little sad in parts. some good humor thrown in. i do give him a lot of credit to still be making movies at his age

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎