X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
    Just checked it out myself a couple of days ago. I liked it too.

That was his last movie. He’s retired now.
    i was not aware of that. well, he is 83 so he should sit back and enjoy his golden years

Comment

• steelcouch
      Career Member
      • Feb 11, 2006

Annabelle comes home: I give it a B. I liked the storyline but they just don’t make movies scary enough anymore.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched Tucker and Dale vs evil

Why have I never heard of this movie before ?

It was fantastic !!!

The Three's Company style premise was crazy funny

This movie should be more popular then it is

I give it 4-1/2 stars of 5

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Shazam on DVD - I'd give it a B. My wife took the kids when it was in theaters but I couldn't make it. I am not a Marvel family expert by any means, so I didn't get hung up on any continuity issues. The film was fun for the most part, but I would have preferred a different villain than Sivana.

Spoilers below

The rainbow of Shazams at the end confused me a little. I'm not sure how they fit with the Shazam I grew up with. I only recall Uncle Marvel, Mary, and Freddy.

Comment

• great_chandel
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2, 2015

I just watched "Lifeforce" on Amazon Prime. Since there is nothing less than an "F" that is what I will give it! The late-great Tobe Hooper (shame on him), directed this utter piece of garbage from 1985. Laughingly set in space, a group of astronauts find a group of well-preserved people (who ended up being space vampires). The writing, acting, special effects -- everything was just atrocious. Yes, kudos to the naked lady vampire (she was gorgeous). Yet, if I want a cheap thrill, that is what other venues are for. This film was a great study in how NOT to make a film.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I seen Lifeforce new in the movies

Bare Mathilda May was definitely the movie's highpoint, but I didn't mind the movie as a whole.

I thought it was a decent movie for what it was

Comment

• Godzilla
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 3, 2002

Toy Story 4 8.5 out of 10. Not my favorite of the series, but a solid entry non the less and a fun summer movie.
                Mortui Vivos Docent
                The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Pet Semetery 2

IMO better than 1

Semetery 2 had almost a Return of the Living Dead feel

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                    Shazam on DVD - I'd give it a B. My wife took the kids when it was in theaters but I couldn't make it. I am not a Marvel family expert by any means, so I didn't get hung up on any continuity issues. The film was fun for the most part, but I would have preferred a different villain than Sivana.
                    Agreed.

I didn’t love it, but it was a fun “little” movie. Derivative of Big. I much prefer Tom Hanks movie. That’s a classic. I don’t see Shazam! morphing into classic status anytime soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Tag- 6/10
                      I was hungover, yesterday. It's recommended if you're hungover, a few decent laughs weirdly provided by Jeremy Renner.

JAW 3D- 4/10
                      To be fair, I knew this was a trainwreck but I guess you sometimes check in to make sure it hasn't changed? The director was a rookie, seemed to have little knowledge of building tension, sprinkle in terrible special effects and poof! A ruined franchise.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• YoungOnce
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 29, 2007

The Green Slime

Someone, somewhere on these boards mentioned it and so I found a copy. I finally got around to watching it last night and it was a blast. I don’t know how I missed this one in all of my B-movie affection. This is a pretty good movie.

First off, there is such a crazy vibe in watching a Japanese-made movie with an all Anglo cast. The sets, the costuming, the miniatures and effects all give off the feeling that Godzilla is going to make an appearance at some point, but it’s straight-up ernest and sincere in a 1960’s sci-fi kind of way. It’s no 2001 A Space Odyssey, but infinitely more rewatchable for my sensibilities.

A double-bill drive-in showing of this and Forbidden Planet would be a great night under the stars.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by YoungOnce
                          The Green Slime
                          Thanks for putting that song back stuck into my head

Comment

• YoungOnce
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey
                            Thanks for putting that song back stuck into my head
                            Ha! Yeah... I forgot to even mention the theme song.

Maybe a better drive-in pairing would be The Blob, just for the kitschy theme songs.

Comment

• great_chandel
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2, 2015

I just saw "Bad Match" on Netflix! Wow! This film was much better than I ever imagined it would be. Yes, the entire "Fatal Attraction" genre has been done to death (pun intended). However, there is a great twist in this film. Yes, I did suspect the twist. Yet, it was still a very effective twist! Overall, it was a very well-made film! It is certainly worth an A-/B+!

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
                                To be fair, I knew this was a trainwreck but I guess you sometimes check in to make sure it hasn't changed? The director was a rookie, seemed to have little knowledge of building tension, sprinkle in terrible special effects and poof! A ruined franchise.
                                It's hard to understand why Jaws 3D didn't come out better. It was written by Richard Matheson, and although Joe Alves didn't direct much before, he was the production designer on the first 2 Jaws films and on Close Encounters.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎