Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

So boyfriend was asking me about the movie Clifford the big red dog. I told him it based on an older kids book/comic book that used to read way back. He looked at me and asked "so a comic book movie is out and we are not watching it??" so we we got comfy in the entertainment room and watched the movie. It was a cute simple movie to watch as a family or date night movie where it will leave you feeling the warm fuzzies.

Clifford.jpg
    As middle schooler Emily Elizabeth struggles to fit in at home and at school, she discovers a small red puppy who is destined to become her best friend from a magical animal rescuer. When Clifford becomes a gigantic red dog in her New York City apartment and attracts the attention of a genetics company who wish to supersize animals, Emily and her clueless Uncle Casey have to fight the forces of greed as they go on the run across New York City and take a bite out of the Big Apple. Along the way, Clifford affects the lives of everyone around him and teaches Emily and her uncle the true meaning of acceptance and unconditional love. Based on the beloved Scholastic character, Clifford will teach the world how to love big.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched THE STING for the first time --- with Paul Newman and Robert Redford

Truly always LOVED Eddie Murphy's, Harlem Nights, but never realized how much it was inspired by THE STING

Wondering if I should watch The Sting 2 ?

Read some really bad stuff about it --- although I love Jackie Gleason

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

"Cry Macho" w/Clint... I give the film about a 4/5.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Spider-Man, no way home. I'll just give it a 10 because...

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody else see The Meg ?

Really went into it expecting to hate it --- mostly because SciFi oversaturated and killed the giant-shark genre ….

But, I was surprisingly entertained

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

watched the Kings Man last night. I enjoyed it. it's a prequel to the Kings men movies and explains how they came to be. it was not as good as the first two but still a fun romp. 8/10

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

watched a chick flick last night to please the wife, Father of the Bride (2022). as remakes go it was done well. they took it in another direction, ethnicity wise. but that actually made it a bit more original than a standard remake so i enjoyed it. Gloria Estefan and Andy Garcia star. 7/10

Comment

• J.B.
                  Guild Navigator
                  • Jun 23, 2010

Saw The Menu on Saturday. Shame on you, Ralph Fiennes. One of the worst movies I've seen in years.
                  You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

5-25-77 (2022 Showtime Release): 8/10

Quirky, really fun and inspiring homage to being a creative mind from Gen-X. Yes it's about seeing Star Wars, but it's really about so much more.

… Oh JB, I gotta kick outta The Menu in my cynical-Bourdain-loving ways.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody see Megan yet ?

Aka- modern day Chucky

Really wanna see it

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Mikey
                        Anybody see Megan yet ?

Aka- modern day Chucky

Really wanna see it
                        Behind the scenes --- was really impressed the young actress who portrayed "Megan" did all the stunts in real life

Comment

• Liu Bei
                          Banned
                          • Mar 31, 2018

Rewatched Alien. Wife saw it for the first time. 9/10. Great movie. Love the mid-70 to mid-80’s sci-fi look, and Alien had it in spades. Gorgeous sets and incredible special effects. They look better than almost anything being put out by Hollywood today.

It’s hilarious to hear pompous windbags like Jennifer Lawrence ignorantly claim to be the first female lead in an action movie. Sigourney Weaver did it earlier, bigger, and better, and long before Lawrence was even conceived. If Jennifer Lawrence even dreams of putting herself in the same league as Weaver’s Ripley, she better wake up and apologize.

Comment

• Scott777
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jan 4, 2023

Batman & Robin
                            I'll rate it a C for Campiness.

Comment

• Duncan
                              Museum focus-groupie
                              • Jun 27, 2009

I saw Black Adam recently. I wanted to like it, but it didn't work for me. The biggest issue is that it's not Black Adam - it's The Rock as Black Adam. I can't suspend disbelief for him or Chris Pratt any longer. Then, the main villain was bad, but I mostly didn't care about him. Lastly, the characters supposedly representing law & order were jerks. Like...the people calling them out in the movie had a legitimate point: you let all of this other bad stuff happen for years, but NOW you show up? Nope! I get that they were intentionally written like that, but it left the movie without a real hero to root for. I guess that was sort of the point. I think it was a bad decision. My favorite character in the movie was a kid with a skateboard. At the end I was really hoping for him to get a certain payoff, but that just disappeared. So, yeah - I didn't find much to like in the movie. Even the credit scene: another guy acting like a jerk. Like, don't any DC characters have friends who will tell them to dial it down a bit?

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                                Rewatched Alien. Wife saw it for the first time. 9/10. Great movie. Love the mid-70 to mid-80’s sci-fi look, and Alien had it in spades. Gorgeous sets and incredible special effects. They look better than almost anything being put out by Hollywood today.

It’s hilarious to hear pompous windbags like Jennifer Lawrence ignorantly claim to be the first female lead in an action movie. Sigourney Weaver did it earlier, bigger, and better, and long before Lawrence was even conceived. If Jennifer Lawrence even dreams of putting herself in the same league as Weaver’s Ripley, she better wake up and apologize.
                                ALIEN is a 10/10 for me. My favorite sci-fi/horror movie of all times.

Jennifer Lawrence is an idiot. Not only Sigourney Weaver…but Jeanette Goldstein, Linda Hamilton, Pam Grier, Tamara Dobson, Angela Mao, Michelle Yeow, Cynthia Rothrock, heck, Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider and Salt were way before Hunger Games. Countless other actresses waaaaaay before Jennifer Lawrence too…

She was either trolling or was plain ignorant.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎