Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 611141516

Thread: Official Rate the last movie you watched thread

I just saw Mandy tonight — in the theatre. It was super fun.

I think it's easy to make fun of Cage because he tries weird stuff and tries to make himself uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, there's times I think he's accidentally hilarious, but there's a lot of times where he's more sincere, intersting and entertaining than most modern stars and I think that's because he's willing to make himself look like a weirdo just to try something new.

If you haven't seen this yet check it out - I love the way he thinks about his chracters:

Also, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans and last year's Mom and Dad were 2 of his most underrated movies, if you havent seen those check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by Brazoo View Post
    I just saw Mandy tonight in the theatre. It was super fun.
    Jealous! I'm still steaming that I would have had to take 3 busses to see it big but I can throw a rock and hit a screening of The Nun.

I think it's easy to make fun of Cage because he tries weird stuff and tries to make himself uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, there's times I think he's accidentally hilarious, but there's a lot of times where he's more sincere, intersting and entertaining than most modern stars and I think that's because he's willing to make himself look like a weirdo just to try something new.
    "Cage is a good actor in good movies, and an almost indispensable actor in bad ones." - Roger Ebert

Also, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans and last year's Mom and Dad were 2 of his most underrated movies, if you havent seen those check them out!
    With you on the Herzog film, but I hadn't even heard of Mom and Dad until now. I'll go in blind on your recommendation, thanks!
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Keep stopping myself from diving into Mom and Dad, but I'll jump in now too. It looks fun, and with all this Mandy business I think it's best to get in on all the Cage action ASAP.

p.s. If any of you are on Twitter do yourself a favor and follow @CheddarGoblin.

I Mom'd and Dad'd. Didn't really work for me, despite excellent work by Cage and Blair. Still glad I had a look, as I haven't seen anything from one of the Crank dudes since those movies, and I received the nice surprise of 30 unexpected seconds of Grant Morrison on screen. I have a full review of the film in my head, but I'll spare you all my full-on blather.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Just finished Ken Burns 10 part documentary The Vietnam War on Netflix.

Fantastic, 10 out of 10.

Galaxy of Terror--6/10

Surprised by the pretty great FX and set-design, especially since it cost less than a million to make. Always great to see my fellow Fresnan Sid Haig in stuff. And Joanie gets her head blowed up!

Typical Corman rip-off flick (Alien in particular) that manages to elevate itself beyond it's budget. Kinda reminded me of Event Horizon, which it predates by 16 years!

^ A fun watch, for sure!

Jailbreak (Jimmy Henderson, 2017) Netflix
    Brutal action film out of Cambodia - lots of foot, fist and edged blade martial artistry, plus a cannibal. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a good film, ha, but it was giant fun to watch with a friend.

Thoroughbreds (Cory Finley, 2017) On Demand
    Absolutely fascinating character study masquerading as a thriller, with some heavy underpinnings of inky black comedy. Steer clear of spoilers if you can, but know that Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch, Split), Olivia Cooke (Bates Motel) and Anton Yelchin (May he rest in peace) act the hell out of an expertly filmed script.

Fantastic.

Exte: Hair Extensions (Sion Sono, 2007) Youtube
    Gigantically weird J horror entry from one of my favorite oddball directors. Filled with sense and nonsense, you get killer hair, family melodrama, constantly inventive visuals and the best camp villian that I've seen in years. Well, maybe just since Split. The film functions simultaneously as a satire of the wave of films that were coming out of Japan at the time, an arch comedy and a genuinely horrific spectacle. Plus it's touching.

My new favorite thing.

MeTV Svengoolie Return of the Creature

Revenge of the Creature 02.jpg

Just watch Revenge of the Creature on MeTV Svengoolie and I do seem to enjoy watching these old movie while talking about it on twitter. Its nice to see so many people who enjoy the show and pass around deep information about the movie that you just did not get watching at the theater or on vhs/dvd.

I do feel sorta bad I opened my ReMego Gillman and it is amazing how many people just did not even know it was out and now they go for around $100.
    Crreature Brothers.jpg

This is the second movie of the Gillman trilogy. Unlike the other Universal Monster movies you end up rooting for the Gillman due to the fact that he is hunted, captured, imprisoned, put on displayed, tortured for just being different. The creature just cannot find love or peace.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Quote Originally Posted by toothaction View Post
    Thoroughbreds (Cory Finley, 2017) On Demand
    Absolutely fascinating character study masquerading as a thriller, with some heavy underpinnings of inky black comedy. Steer clear of spoilers if you can, but know that Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch, Split), Olivia Cooke (Bates Motel) and Anton Yelchin (May he rest in peace) act the hell out of an expertly filmed script.

Fantastic.
    I wanna see this one. I like all three of these actors.