X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by toyman
    The Mule, Clint Eastwood's last movie as he said is outstanding as most of his are. It has all range of emotions thru out it, if you liked Grand Torino you like this as much or more.
    The Mule was very good, agreed.
    sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

Loving Vincent: 10/10
      If you dig Van Gogh and/or stop motion this film is excellent. 6 years in the making, 65,000 frames/paintings, 125 artists from over 20 countries… yeah, that's collaboration in the name of art!

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Two Movies-

Missing Link- Just fell completely flat. It wasn't bad, it wasn't good. The jokes weren't funny, I never really felt invested in the characters or their story. The film just lacked the heart I usually enjoy in animated films. That said, the animation was impressive, especially the attention given to the clothing.

Hellboy- Most of what you're hearing is true- this just isn't a very enjoyable film. I know they were trying to go a little more horror and a little less superhero, but they ended up with something that was neither. The story devolved into what felt like lazy, stupid writing. The demons were creative an scary, but the gore lacked any real point. It wasn't really scary or fun... it was just gory.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Saw the remake of Pet Sematary last night. I always liked the original one from 1989 and this one has a lot of the beats of the original one with some changes of course. I liked it well enough, John Lithgow was good as Jud, but Fred Gwynne is my favorite. Some parts from the original are tossed in favor of some other twists, but again, it enjoyed it.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Wee67

Hellboy- Most of what you're hearing is true- this just isn't a very enjoyable film. I know they were trying to go a little more horror and a little less superhero, but they ended up with something that was neither. The story devolved into what felt like lazy, stupid writing. The demons were creative an scary, but the gore lacked any real point. It wasn't really scary or fun... it was just gory.
            Thanks for posting this. I had planned on seeing it with my family on April 12th, but life got in the way. It does not sound like something I would want to see especially with the kids.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Rabid (1977) starring Marilyn Chambers

(currently free on Tubi)

My review --- I should, but I don't hate this movie --

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Brue
                Thanks for posting this. I had planned on seeing it with my family on April 12th, but life got in the way. It does not sound like something I would want to see especially with the kids.
                I'm glad it helped. As payback for dragging her to Hellboy, my wife made me go see After. That is a fate I hope to have saved you from.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched a movie I accidently bumped into on Tubi

"Black Mountain Side" 2014

From the beginning of the movie through to past the middle I thought I had found a hidden gem.

Unfortunately it went downhill from there.

Comment

• Brazoo
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by Mikey
                    Rabid (1977) starring Marilyn Chambers

(currently free on Tubi)

My review --- I should, but I don't hate this movie --
                    GASP!!! You didn't hate it?! I love early Cronenberg and that's one of my favourite late 70s horror movies!

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Raw Force

I cannot recommend this trash cinema enough. It was over and I wanted to replay it immediately. Oh, Raw Force, where have you been all my life. On the shelf you will go, right next to Miami Connection. 10/10

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Oop, that has Vic Diaz in it. I swore to see any movie with him.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

3 recorded from HBO free weekend:

Juarssic park latest. Terrible. Deleted 1/3 in.

Minions. Terrible. Had to start fast forwarding early on. Then skipped to the end.

The comedian. Bad. Skip wAtched starting early on. Better than the other 2 movies.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

The Fog (1980) 7/10
                            I have never seen this before, so weird but i recently got Shudder and popped it on. Carpenter to me is like Pizza, even when it's not great it's still pizza. I liked this movie but I didn't love it.

King Cohen: The Wild World of Filmmaker Larry Cohen (2017) - 8/10
                            Great documentary on the recently passed film maker and madman Larry Cohen, what a trip.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
                              Maker & Whatnot
                              • Aug 8, 2012

Suspiria (1977) 6/10

I've been working my way through Dario Argento's catalogue over the past year or so with expected mixed results. This one comes with a lot of acclaim, as the first of his Three Mothers series and perhaps [sic] his best film. The thing with Argento is that I want to like his work more than I do. He does some things brilliantly, but I struggle with his documented struggle to maintain momentum and energy across his work without repetition and often lacking investment in the characters. I've read he's voiced the challenge of working with international casts who don't all speak a common language, and the specifics of Italian audiences.

His set design (think elemental control and plot reference of color/shape/sound/light; art film; psychological shenanigans) and music (often nerve gratingly intense/insane) is always a disturbing mix of madness which he deserves credit for in contribution to defining the supernatural horror genre, but I keep finding the script and character development weak.

Sorry, so long… it's Argento, it's complicated.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Get Out (2017)

Thoroughly enjoyed it.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎