X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

Paranormal Activity 2.

Had a few good jump scares, but not as good as the first one.
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
      ALIEN is a 10/10 for me. My favorite sci-fi/horror movie of all times.
      Nothing will ever come close to Alien ('79) in this category.
      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

The Blues Brothers

Shown uncut of TCM

Aretha Franklin G'dang -- You Better Think !!! God, I love her

Car chases and crash-ups timesx a million

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by J.B.
          Nothing will ever come close to Alien ('79) in this category.
          sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

we went and saw Avatar 2 over the holidays. it was good, but not as good as the first. the underwater scenes were really something though, especially in 3d. I think they could have shaved a half hour off this one and it would have moved a little better but all in all i would give it a solid 8/10. Definitely worth checking out if you liked the first one

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Shin Ultraman (dubbed)

I enjoyed it but if I'm honest, a lot of that enjoyment is nostalgia-driven fun. (which is fine!) The movie itself just wasn't great. The monsters were fantastic and the battle scenes were pretty cool. I loved that they kept some of the original music cues and sound effects in it. BUT... Some of the plot just didn't make sense, the dialogue was silly at times (at least the translated dubbing, anyway) and the acting was meh. There were definitely part that were so bad they were good like the director's choice to shoot an entire 3-person conversation from butt-level through the arms of chairs. The non-fight scenes were about the production level of Sy Fy originals.
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

The Banshees of Inisherin

It's billed as a comedy and some people call it a "dark comedy", but while it does have a few laughs it's definitely not a comedy. If you go in expecting your typical dark comedy you won't find it. It's a very bleak movie with not much of a message or point but is a fun character study and a decent allegory on grudges. Well acted all around but kinda weird premise and execution. That said I liked it because I like stuff like that.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                  Banned
                  • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Hector
                  ALIEN is a 10/10 for me. My favorite sci-fi/horror movie of all times.

Jennifer Lawrence is an idiot. Not only Sigourney Weaver…but Jeanette Goldstein, Linda Hamilton, Pam Grier, Tamara Dobson, Angela Mao, Michelle Yeow, Cynthia Rothrock, heck, Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider and Salt were way before Hunger Games. Countless other actresses waaaaaay before Jennifer Lawrence too…

She was either trolling or was plain ignorant.
                  Just plain ignorant, I think.

Yeah, so many good female-led action movies and female stars. It’d be nice if some of these zoomers would educate themselves a little more before saying stuff like that. Great call on the beautiful Pam Grier, too, who was doing it earlier than almost anyone else.

Alien is certainly up there amongst the all-time great films. A master class in pacing that you just don’t see anymore in these explosion-a-minute flicks littering the big screen now.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                    Just plain ignorant, I think.

Yeah, so many good female-led action movies and female stars. It’d be nice if some of these zoomers would educate themselves a little more before saying stuff like that. Great call on the beautiful Pam Grier, too, who was doing it earlier than almost anyone else.

Alien is certainly up there amongst the all-time great films. A master class in pacing that you just don’t see anymore in these explosion-a-minute flicks littering the big screen now.
                    Even if you take Pam Grier and Sigourney Weaver off the table (for whatever reason) --- see Uma Thurman in Kill Bill

Made well before Hunger Games

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Mikey
                      Even if you take Pam Grier and Sigourney Weaver off the table (for whatever reason) --- see Uma Thurman in Kill Bill

Made well before Hunger Games
                      Absolutely. You also had Helen Slater on the big screen as Supergirl, Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman and Joanna Cameron as Isis on the small screen if they want to make it about superheroes, or Lindsay Wagner as the Bionic Woman if they want to focus on sci-fi. You could go on and on (Brigitte Nielsen as Red Sonja for fantasy; the original La Femme Nikita for action). No matter how they want to present the argument, it would be wrong.

You even had Lady Snowblood (great movie) and Sister Street Fighter amongst many others in Japan.

Yeah. There’s just no way a claim like that rings true.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

^--- I might take Lindsay Wagner as the Bionic Woman out of the picture though.

She refused to directly physically beat men up.

Lindsay didn't want to be known for that - and I totally respect that decision... and it makes her more beloved and memorable today.

Comment

• shaunaconda
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Mar 29, 2020

How about Diana Rigg as Emma Peel?

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched Dial-M for Murder on TCM's

Being a huge Charlie Chan/NBC Mystery Movie/Columbo fan am embarrassed to admit i'd never seen Dial-M until last night.

Question … In 1954 (when the movie was made) did England really have no death sentence appeals ?

Did they really convict you and "hang" you so quickly after the trial ?

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey

Question … In 1954 (when the movie was made) did England really have no death sentence appeals ?

Did they really convict you and "hang" you so quickly after the trial ?
                              Yes, there was an appeal system, but most appeals were rejected and the appeals process usually only slightly delayed an execution.
                              Generally, no more than three weeks usually elapsed between conviction and execution, which was thought to be enough time for any new evidence to come to light or for any final requests for clemency to be considered.
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by shaunaconda
                                How about Diana Rigg as Emma Peel?
                                Yes. But I was focusing on movies (she was more of a damsel as a vulnerable countess in Majesty’s Secret Service). But yes, definitely Diana Rigg belongs as well…
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎