Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Official Rate the last movie you watched thread

Images
    Ready Player One- 10/10. I like action and hate mush. This has just the right balance of both. Major FX fan and this delivers. The contrast between the 'dull' real world and the 'technicolor' digital world reminded me of The Wizard of Oz. Only movie I have ever gone to see in the theatre 3 times. ( Of course the new heated recliner seats help too. ) Can't wait for this on video so I can pause stuff.

CCC.

A new doc called "Here to Be Heard: The Story of the Slits" while I LOVE music docs I think most of them are pretty terrible movies.

This one was decent for such a low budget doc, does a good job of summing up the history of the scene and the band, mainly from the personal stories of the surviving members. Unfortunatley leaves a hole, since Ari Up (the lead singer) died a few years ago. Since she wasn't available to tell her story we don't get a lot of info on her background, and her struggle with cancer was kept secret from the band, so they were as surprised as everyone else when she died.

I also took my 15 year-old neices, and they were very excited to see a movie about a legendary girl-lead punk rock band.

Lady Terminator. 10/10

Finally! A rip-off movie that truly delivers what you'd want from its title. Lady Terminator is exactly what you'd think it is... well, sort of. Our unstoppable female killing machine is not a Cyborg, but rather an anthropologist major who is possessed by the vengeful spirit of some angry legendary Filipino witch. Anyways, none of that matters, because the lifts from Schwarzenegger's classic are spectacular, the acting and dubbing as horrendous as you'd expect, and the action as over the top and as offensive as you'd hope a film called Lady Terminator would serve up. Go buy it and watch with your buddies. No blu ray available, but on DVD from Mondo Macabro.

https://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/p...ady-terminator
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Humanoids from the Deep 6/10

Great chunk of sleaze from Corman and Company with some pretty decent effects, really bad acting (even from the veterans), a James Horner score, and inserted scenes of gratuitous sex and violence. What more could you ask for? Oh, a surprise ending, you say? Got that, too.
    This was a fun one, though the 2nd act does drag a bit. Streamed it on Amazon Prime and it looks way better than it deserves to.
    WH--? Where in blazes are we, Wall Crawler?

Images
    The Monolith Monsters 7.5/10.

Really enjoyed this old sci-fi movie, but with a serious intent to it.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Vanilla Sky - 8/10

We were looking for a movie to watch last night. It has been a long time since we watched this and our daughter had never seen it. It's a real mind bender with a great ending. A bit slow but the ending makes it worth the watch.

Images
    Re-watched Zombi aka Zombi 2 last night.

Haven't seen it in years.

Don't hold up as good as it did when I first seen it in the mid 80s'.

Even the Zombi vs Shark scene didn't seem as cool.
    .................................................. .......................