Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mad Monsters/Dark Shadows connection?

Images
    yeahhh....I see that, Pali.

I could excuse the head bandages as a sculpting necessity, but the facial contours - hollowed eye sockets, grooved cheeks - are almost exact. You don't see those kind of markings in the classic Uni/Hammer or Marvel Monster mummies. I always felt Mad Mummy had an Asian vibe, but chalked it up to the HK sculptors.

I think the Dark Shadows/Frankie is possible. The irony being DS Frank looks more like a Batman '66 interpretation of Solomon Grundy then he does a Frankenstein.

Images
    Oh yeah, I can see the Mummy connection. The Mego Mummy also reminds me of the 60s Topstone Mummy mask as well.

Mego Mummy's face and bandaged head KINDA reminds me of Zombie Jeremiah from Dark Shadows, but I think that's a stretch.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Really really great thread!!!!

Yeah, I am loving this. Great archaeological work, guys.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Since we only have one monster left, why not talk Dracula? I personally think Mego may have been influenced by Filmation's Groovie Goolies cartoon from a few years prior, that was still running in syndication. The cartoony face with arched eyebrow, blue tux and red lining on the cape are VERY similar!

http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Blog Entries
    There was a Spanish? Horror magazine cover floating around here that totally had MM Dracula on it. Nobody knew if it was Morrow or not but it seemed to predate the doll?

Images
    I really like the Mego Mummy and thanks very much for sharing that cool related Naschy pic.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Very cool thread fellas.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Chris, good thought on the Groovie Goolies Drac. You are probably right again, although I can't get over how creepy that face is. It may have been possible that a demon from Hell itself visited the Mego offices.

This is really an enjoyable thread.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    My contribution...

Morbius - Amazing Spidey 101 1971

Man-Wolf - Amazing Spidey 125 1973