X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spockoda
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 14, 2018

TMNT question

I don't collect a lot of new stuff that are sold at stores like Wal-Mart but I still go down the toy aisle on most trips to stores of that type and although I have never collected or been a fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I couldn't help but notice that the toys seem to have disappeared seemingly overnight and I was curious as to whether anyone out there knew why. They seemed to have a pretty big presence in the toy aisle and then nothing at all.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The current show and toy line has ended and the new cartoon and toy line will be out in the fall.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• spockoda
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by Werewolf
      The current show and toy line has ended and the new cartoon and toy line will be out in the fall.
      Thanks, it surprised me the line just vanished. The last ones I saw were TMNT/Universal Monsters figures that were actually kind of interesting looking. The only Turtles I have are the TMNT/Star Trek figures from the 90's.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Unfortunately there must have been some kind of directive to remove it all from stores so that it seems "new" when the new toys hit. The new show looks like total crap (it's completely different than any TMNT before it) and as such, some of the toys that were just hitting, Ghostbuster TMNT and Monster Hunter TMNT were pulled from shelves. Oh well.

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

it's true the line did disappear very quickly too. I was lucky enough to buy Usagi Yojimbo made by Playmates for $2 at Wal-Mart recently. I wish I bought more figures so I could repaint and experiment paint apps on them.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Our Wal-Mart still has the 12" Usagi Yojimbo, but that's about it.

That new cartoon does indeed look HORRIBLE. It may not be, but the look alone is enough to turn anyone off.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎