Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone really want President dolls as a kid?

No, probably not, but I did like a plastic pencil case that had discs that turned telling about the Presidents.

Maybe have Lincoln, so he could talk to Captain Kirk.

I think, though, that adults like new characters and real people that are made into the style of beloved toy figures. Sort of like some of the ReAction figures, toys of old things, that did not originally have an action figure line.

Any military President figures might be interesting.

I think there might have been, in the last 15 years, a G.I. Joe version of President Eisenhower. I'm not sure, but there could have been one when they made General George S. Patton figures.

Images
    Presidents as a line might be better in a sort of Greatest Hits version...Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, Kennedy...not so sure about Carter, Ford, etc. The fanbase may be limited.
    I'd rather have a line of Famous Inventors with such stalwarts as Eli Whitney, Alexander Graham Bell, and Robert Fulton.
    Or Authors with Dickens, Shakespeare, and that lady what wrote all them Twilight books.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klosterheim View Post
    No, probably not, but I did like a plastic pencil case that had discs that turned telling about the Presidents.

Maybe have Lincoln, so he could talk to Captain Kirk.

I think, though, that adults like new characters and real people that are made into the style of beloved toy figures. Sort of like some of the ReAction figures, toys of old things, that did not originally have an action figure line.

Any military President figures might be interesting.

I think there might have been, in the last 15 years, a G.I. Joe version of President Eisenhower. I'm not sure, but there could have been one when they made General George S. Patton figures.

Eisenhower was made from when he served in WWII like JFK.

Images
    yeah, the GI Joe line was Generals, and had Patton, Eisenhower, and Washington. JFK was from when he was in the Navy

Images
    I really don't think any kid wanted President figures. I don't know any kid that was interested in political figures for playtime.

Keep Barbie faaaaaar away from the Clinton, Trump and Kennedy dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Valor View Post
    Keep Barbie faaaaaar away from the Clinton, Trump and Kennedy dolls.
    Unless you pay her enough to jump out of a cake.

Images
    If they’re done well, I’m interested.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnystorm View Post
    I'd rather have a line of Famous Inventors with such stalwarts as Eli Whitney, Alexander Graham Bell, and Robert Fulton.
    Or Authors with Dickens, Shakespeare, and that lady what wrote all them Twilight books.
    The authors especially would be up my alley (maybe not so much the Stephanie Meyer one), or (public domain) literary figures that were well done. I get that kids were never crazy for Presidential figures (outside some military/patriotic ones), but I see the appeal for adult collectors.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnystorm View Post
    Presidents as a line might be better in a sort of Greatest Hits version...Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, Kennedy...not so sure about Carter, Ford, etc. The fanbase may be limited.

I wouldn't mind a Hemingway figure. I'd have him hang out with Action Jackson.