Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty anyone? how about Hotter than Hell?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

Dynasty anyone? how about Hotter than Hell?

Was wondering if anyone had received the KISS Dynasty figures. I'll be ordering mine soon but was hoping to get some feedback

Also, I know some of the costume changes sort of morphed, one such example is from the first album to Hotter than Hell. I particularly love Ace's Triangle costume from hotter than hell and would love to see that produced. But the others aren't that different . . . .anyway just a little discussion topic . . .
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

I'm with ya. We got the HTH Gene outfit and it would be great to get Ace. I would also like to get a set of Cadillac High figures. Gene and Paul are not really different from Alive! but Ace and Peter have some cool jackets that would look neat. I guess there's not much left. The Elder/Creatures, which I don't know how they would make if they can't use Eric and Vinnies makeup, and an updated Love Gun set are about all I can think of.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• houseofdracula
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      I'm with ya. We got the HTH Gene outfit and it would be great to get Ace. I would also like to get a set of Cadillac High figures. Gene and Paul are not really different from Alive! but Ace and Peter have some cool jackets that would look neat. I guess there's not much left. The Elder/Creatures, which I don't know how they would make if they can't use Eric and Vinnies makeup, and an updated Love Gun set are about all I can think of.
      The 1978 solo album era costumes.

22089826_1164516703580577_3602680921758581457_n.jpg
      gene goat 008.jpg
      peter panther 001.jpg
      paul purple 009.jpg
      paul purple 000.jpg
      The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
      https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

I'm probably in the minority but... Elder outfits! Even just Paul, Gene and Ace if they can't do Eric.

Comment

• kingkongsy
          • Oct 3, 2017

I just got ALL my 8 inch DYNASTY KISS figures and really like the, I do have issues with Ace and Peter's hair though. These 2 figures need more hair and proper re rooting because they need more volume and the right length for Ace. I also got my 12 inch Peter and Gene which are incredibly impressive because the costumes and head sculpts really SHINE! I bought the 8in Destroyer which are pretty lousy for several reasons. DYNASTY are the LAST worthy set FTC have created since the Series 1 and KISS ALIVE.

Comment

• megojim
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 13, 2001

Im still looking for 8” Alive Gene and Ace figures. Willing to trade, do custom work or pay a premium
            Last edited by megojim; May 21, '18, 4:12 PM.
            My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• megojim
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 13, 2001

Rcvd my 8" Dynasty figures today . . . . again the soft rubber boots are a huge drop in quality and figure stability. I'm gonna try to stabilize mine by pressing some super sculpy into bottoms of the platforms.

Peter - all that fur is just as bad on this figure as it was in real life, I lost it right away. other than that, his hairs is a tad long but the base outfit is good.

Paul - His hair is terrible looks like Shirley Temple. His out fit is also over the top and I removed some of it as well.

Ace - all in all pretty sweet. The arms in the suit are long but nothing I can't fix with a snip of the scissors.

Gene - by far the best of the bunch! his hair's a little wild but everything is as it should be and IMHO the best head sculpt to date

again the biggest flaw are the rubber boots, they really take away from everything else.
              Last edited by megojim; May 21, '18, 4:12 PM.
              My Custom Figures

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by cjefferys
                I'm probably in the minority but... Elder outfits! Even just Paul, Gene and Ace if they can't do Eric.
                I have never understood the beating that Elder takes. So they did a concept album........I wore out the cassette. I can remember them belting out "I" on Solid Gold like it was yesterday.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  I have never understood the beating that Elder takes. So they did a concept album........I wore out the cassette. I can remember them belting out "I" on Solid Gold like it was yesterday.
                  I like the album, but I didn't hear it until 1990 or so. I wonder how I would have felt if I'd heard it when it was released.
                  I just think it's funny that as far as a concept goes, Gene Simmons seems to have rewritten Star Wars.

I've always liked the Elder look tho. I would at least buy Ace!

Comment

• megowgsh
                    Customego HoF Curator
                    • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by cjefferys
                    I dig!
                    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

I bailed on KISS between Dynasty and Unmasked (I was about 13 at the time and KISS was poison for highschoolers at that point) and didn't get back into them until Asylum. At that point I started picking up the albums I had missed during my hiatus and Elder was nowhere to be found, it was OOP. Luckily I ended up finding a Dutch LP of it at the local record store/head shop (they had tons of great import LPs) and loved the hell out of it. It's still one of my favourite KISS albums, as is Unmasked, which was almost equally unpopular upon release.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                        Wow, you saw that when it originally aired? I never saw the clip until years later on some bootleg VHS, I love it. What I love even more is their appearance of Fridays from Jan '82, the only time they ever played any Elder songs live (as opposed to lip-synced) in the era.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                          Defender of the Megoverse
                          • Dec 30, 2008

I do not plan to buy these. FTC's Destroyer figures really disappointed me a lot. So I think I'm done with KISS figures from FTC.

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by MEGOMAN
                            I do not plan to buy these. FTC's Destroyer figures really disappointed me a lot. So I think I'm done with KISS figures from FTC.
                            The hair issues have stopped me from enjoying/buying any lines since the 12" Dressed to Kill came out.
                            I'd be tempted to get a Dynasty Gene 12"..but that's it. I was at the Indy KISS Expo a couple weeks ago and saw these up close - when a member of the BAND makes fun of the product in an unsavory light....well, nuff' said.

Shame - there is market for this stuff...but there's also consumer expectations to meet. Style the hair more like the real people and I will buy.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by noelani72
                              The hair issues have stopped me from enjoying/buying any lines since the 12" Dressed to Kill came out.
                              I'd be tempted to get a Dynasty Gene 12"..but that's it. I was at the Indy KISS Expo a couple weeks ago and saw these up close - when a member of the BAND makes fun of the product in an unsavory light....well, nuff' said.

Shame - there is market for this stuff...but there's also consumer expectations to meet. Style the hair more like the real people and I will buy.
                              I think Ace was at that Expo. Was he goofing on the figures?! Haha!!

I picked up a loose Dynasty Ace for fairly cheap. The sad part is... for the most part, it's great! The outfit is nice and reasonably accurate, the head is also nice (although a bit too big for my taste... '66 Batman size I would say), the hair is fine, but the BOOTS! The boots are crazy humungous! Like "error at the factory" humungous! The one thing I can't easily fix. Has anyone tried to shrink any of FTC's boots in acetone? That's about all I can think of to do.

It looks like the apex for FTC's KISS figures were ALIVE! They sold out and are tough to find, and it's easy to see why. Everything came together with that set. I'm thinking the Ace head from that set might go pretty far in getting my Dynasty Ace looking good.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎