Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty anyone? how about Hotter than Hell?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

It honestly boggles my mind that Mego's KISS dolls had pretty decent hair, considering the technology of era, but forty years later, replica figures can't even match that and their hair looks even worse.

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      I think Ace was at that Expo. Was he goofing on the figures?! Haha!!

I picked up a loose Dynasty Ace for fairly cheap. The sad part is... for the most part, it's great! The outfit is nice and reasonably accurate, the head is also nice (although a bit too big for my taste... '66 Batman size I would say), the hair is fine, but the BOOTS! The boots are crazy humungous! Like "error at the factory" humungous! The one thing I can't easily fix. Has anyone tried to shrink any of FTC's boots in acetone? That's about all I can think of to do.

It looks like the apex for FTC's KISS figures were ALIVE! They sold out and are tough to find, and it's easy to see why. Everything came together with that set. I'm thinking the Ace head from that set might go pretty far in getting my Dynasty Ace looking good.
      Eric Singer and Ace were there. Great time. Very well organized event. Vendors were thin in vintage merchandise honestly...but one guy had a whole table of FTC figs with pretty high price tags.

Comment

• mego
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 16, 2012

Just noticed that BBP is releasing the Destroyer wave of 3.75" figures this summer!
        All of them (except Peter Criss??!) have all new sculpts.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎