Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynasty anyone? how about Hotter than Hell?

I bailed on KISS between Dynasty and Unmasked (I was about 13 at the time and KISS was poison for highschoolers at that point) and didn't get back into them until Asylum. At that point I started picking up the albums I had missed during my hiatus and Elder was nowhere to be found, it was OOP. Luckily I ended up finding a Dutch LP of it at the local record store/head shop (they had tons of great import LPs) and loved the hell out of it. It's still one of my favourite KISS albums, as is Unmasked, which was almost equally unpopular upon release.

Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    I have never understood the beating that Elder takes. So they did a concept album........I wore out the cassette. I can remember them belting out "I" on Solid Gold like it was yesterday.
    Wow, you saw that when it originally aired? I never saw the clip until years later on some bootleg VHS, I love it. What I love even more is their appearance of Fridays from Jan '82, the only time they ever played any Elder songs live (as opposed to lip-synced) in the era.

I do not plan to buy these. FTC's Destroyer figures really disappointed me a lot. So I think I'm done with KISS figures from FTC.

Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMAN View Post
    I do not plan to buy these. FTC's Destroyer figures really disappointed me a lot. So I think I'm done with KISS figures from FTC.
    The hair issues have stopped me from enjoying/buying any lines since the 12" Dressed to Kill came out.
    I'd be tempted to get a Dynasty Gene 12"..but that's it. I was at the Indy KISS Expo a couple weeks ago and saw these up close - when a member of the BAND makes fun of the product in an unsavory light....well, nuff' said.

Shame - there is market for this stuff...but there's also consumer expectations to meet. Style the hair more like the real people and I will buy.

Quote Originally Posted by noelani72 View Post
    The hair issues have stopped me from enjoying/buying any lines since the 12" Dressed to Kill came out.
    I'd be tempted to get a Dynasty Gene 12"..but that's it. I was at the Indy KISS Expo a couple weeks ago and saw these up close - when a member of the BAND makes fun of the product in an unsavory light....well, nuff' said.

Shame - there is market for this stuff...but there's also consumer expectations to meet. Style the hair more like the real people and I will buy.
    I think Ace was at that Expo. Was he goofing on the figures?! Haha!!

I picked up a loose Dynasty Ace for fairly cheap. The sad part is... for the most part, it's great! The outfit is nice and reasonably accurate, the head is also nice (although a bit too big for my taste... '66 Batman size I would say), the hair is fine, but the BOOTS! The boots are crazy humungous! Like "error at the factory" humungous! The one thing I can't easily fix. Has anyone tried to shrink any of FTC's boots in acetone? That's about all I can think of to do.

It looks like the apex for FTC's KISS figures were ALIVE! They sold out and are tough to find, and it's easy to see why. Everything came together with that set. I'm thinking the Ace head from that set might go pretty far in getting my Dynasty Ace looking good.

It honestly boggles my mind that Mego's KISS dolls had pretty decent hair, considering the technology of era, but forty years later, replica figures can't even match that and their hair looks even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    I think Ace was at that Expo. Was he goofing on the figures?! Haha!!

I picked up a loose Dynasty Ace for fairly cheap. The sad part is... for the most part, it's great! The outfit is nice and reasonably accurate, the head is also nice (although a bit too big for my taste... '66 Batman size I would say), the hair is fine, but the BOOTS! The boots are crazy humungous! Like "error at the factory" humungous! The one thing I can't easily fix. Has anyone tried to shrink any of FTC's boots in acetone? That's about all I can think of to do.

It looks like the apex for FTC's KISS figures were ALIVE! They sold out and are tough to find, and it's easy to see why. Everything came together with that set. I'm thinking the Ace head from that set might go pretty far in getting my Dynasty Ace looking good.
    Eric Singer and Ace were there. Great time. Very well organized event. Vendors were thin in vintage merchandise honestly...but one guy had a whole table of FTC figs with pretty high price tags.

Images
    Just noticed that BBP is releasing the Destroyer wave of 3.75" figures this summer!
    All of them (except Peter Criss??!) have all new sculpts.