Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynasty anyone? how about Hotter than Hell?

I bailed on KISS between Dynasty and Unmasked (I was about 13 at the time and KISS was poison for highschoolers at that point) and didn't get back into them until Asylum. At that point I started picking up the albums I had missed during my hiatus and Elder was nowhere to be found, it was OOP. Luckily I ended up finding a Dutch LP of it at the local record store/head shop (they had tons of great import LPs) and loved the hell out of it. It's still one of my favourite KISS albums, as is Unmasked, which was almost equally unpopular upon release.

Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    I have never understood the beating that Elder takes. So they did a concept album........I wore out the cassette. I can remember them belting out "I" on Solid Gold like it was yesterday.
    Wow, you saw that when it originally aired? I never saw the clip until years later on some bootleg VHS, I love it. What I love even more is their appearance of Fridays from Jan '82, the only time they ever played any Elder songs live (as opposed to lip-synced) in the era.