X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Brue
    in 1981 we didn't know Han would live. And ESB felt like a whole movie with more to come. I knew Infinity War was a Part 1 of 2. But leaving us with have of the heroes "dead" when you know they aren't dead is like watching a 1940's serial. Sure it's fun, but did anyone really think Batman went off a cliff and died. And was there really any story progress. Tune in next week when you see that Batman jumped out at the last second!

Sure, like the serials, it was fun to watch. That doesn't excuse a crppy "ending".

So I don't mislead my fellow fans, I liked the movie. I just felt they missed the mark in many areas. The bar was set super high, they didn't reach that =for me.
    I hear what you guys are saying about the ending with obviously toothless "deaths", but I don't think the word "deaths" was ever used referring to what happened at the end. And that was intentional I'm sure. I think I read somewhere that Kevin Feige said that everyone who died in the movie is dead, and I think that is telling. That says to me that everyone who died before the finger snap is dead. The ash victims are set up for something else for sure. How they come back, that's what makes speculation fun.

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by YoungOnce
      I read somewhere that Kevin Feige said that everyone who died in the movie is dead, and I think that is telling. That says to me that everyone who died before the finger snap is dead. The ash victims are set up for something else for sure. How they come back, that's what makes speculation fun.
      I assumed that is where they were going with that.

PS - I am really looking forward to the X-Force movie! (Deadpool previewed before IW and really looks like an X-Force comic.)

Comment

• clemso
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 8, 2001

Well I hope the X-Men, Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer come in for the rescue

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
          Career Member
          • Jun 8, 2015

The film was okay. The fight scene on Titan, with Iron Man, Spidey, Strange and the rest was MY highlight.

NO ONE has talked about THUNDERBOLT ROSS!?!????

On other sites everyone is saying he's really a SKRULL, but me, I think he's STILL the PRICK he was from the HULK film, and speaking of which....

two, three movies in and BRUCE BANNER has a thing for Natasha, but what the **** happened with his relationship with BETTY ROSS??? After the HULK film and what THEY WENT THRU, you would think hey, I NEED TO GET BACK WITH HER!

But no, no reference at all to her.

I think ROSS is gonna become the RULK and assemble his MASTERS OF EVIL/THUNDERBOLTS!?!??

the Red Skull appearance reminded me of a very MINOR character, from the Marv Wolfman/John Byrne run; it was a fellow much in appearance like in the film all Floating and wispy and raggedy and he appeared to the SPHINX & GALACTUS and revealed hidden truths to them!

Interesting...

I wonder what THANOS thought of him and if he left him ALIVE or offered him a JOB???

and

THANOS.

sorry, but they did NOT NAIL the character. This Thanos in the film is such a WIMP! Crying? He loves Gamora? Thanos loves DEATH and ONLY DEATH, killing HALF the population? Thanos would kill EVERYONE/EVERYTHING!!

What a joke he is turning out top be and he "knows" of STARK!?!?? the REAL Thanos, would not give a ********.

effects were brilliant, but c'mon, half the time everyone has their MASK's OFF.

Bring on STINGRAY, BETA RAY BILL and the REAL ORIGINAL GUARDIANS and ADAM WARLOCK!

and isn't it time Marvel introduced HERCULES into their universe, they would really clean up!!!

and forget about the widowed Mrs. MARCUS aka WARBIRD aka BINARY aka Ms. Marvel, she is a fallen character. the only TRUE Captain is MAR-VELL!

and since this is a Universal threat, please have UATU show up and stand around and scare everyone!! WATCHERS show up for all cosmic events!!!

Nuff said.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

^When Favreau was heavily involved with the Avengers roll out, the second and third film was supposed to be Masters of Evil. When Whedon glommed his way into the rewrites, Fav's lost his clout and it all changed to more modern storyarcs. Ross was lined up to be Rulk but was dropped for Age of Ultron.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Wow, one of the Walking Dead actors was Red Skull, replacing Hugo Weaving...

When “The Walking Dead” star Ross Marquand found out he landed the part of Red Skull in “Avengers: Infinity War,” he couldn’t even talk shop with co-star Danai Gurira, who plays Okoye in the superhero blockbuster. On “The Walking Dead,” Marquand plays Aaron, who previously recruited Rick and his crew to join Alexandria.
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

I agree about Hercules, he should be introduced in these movies...the dude is a baddarze who can easily go toe to toe with Thor and Hulk.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I also agree about everyone not wanting to wear a mask. I can understand if Stark and Parker take them off while talking leisurely to each other, while there’s no danger...but they both just landed on Thanos’ ship...and the first thing they do is take them off, come on, it’s smack middle of a very dangerous mission...KEEP YOUR DAMN MASKS ON AT ALL TIMES!!!

And where was Captain America at? I only saw a maskless Steve Rogers wielding two small shields.

Other than that, great movie...

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Steve Rogers is not Cpt America at this point. he gave that up after Civil War. they said at this point, although not specifically said, he is Nomad

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Well, that sucks...
                      sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

Great comments on Hulk and Ross -especially Betty?

THanos - I agree with you except I do think he would kill half. He is delusional and insane. He always is seeking the irrational. He believes he can bring Harmony back. e wuld destroy the universe or kiss babies or what ever his crazy inner voice told him to do.

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
                        The film was okay. The fight scene on Titan, with Iron Man, Spidey, Strange and the rest was MY highlight.

NO ONE has talked about THUNDERBOLT ROSS!?!????

On other sites everyone is saying he's really a SKRULL, but me, I think he's STILL the PRICK he was from the HULK film, and speaking of which....

two, three movies in and BRUCE BANNER has a thing for Natasha, but what the **** happened with his relationship with BETTY ROSS??? After the HULK film and what THEY WENT THRU, you would think hey, I NEED TO GET BACK WITH HER!

But no, no reference at all to her.

I think ROSS is gonna become the RULK and assemble his MASTERS OF EVIL/THUNDERBOLTS!?!??

the Red Skull appearance reminded me of a very MINOR character, from the Marv Wolfman/John Byrne run; it was a fellow much in appearance like in the film all Floating and wispy and raggedy and he appeared to the SPHINX & GALACTUS and revealed hidden truths to them!

Interesting...

I wonder what THANOS thought of him and if he left him ALIVE or offered him a JOB???

and

THANOS.

sorry, but they did NOT NAIL the character. This Thanos in the film is such a WIMP! Crying? He loves Gamora? Thanos loves DEATH and ONLY DEATH, killing HALF the population? Thanos would kill EVERYONE/EVERYTHING!!

What a joke he is turning out top be and he "knows" of STARK!?!?? the REAL Thanos, would not give a ********.

effects were brilliant, but c'mon, half the time everyone has their MASK's OFF.

Bring on STINGRAY, BETA RAY BILL and the REAL ORIGINAL GUARDIANS and ADAM WARLOCK!

and isn't it time Marvel introduced HERCULES into their universe, they would really clean up!!!

and forget about the widowed Mrs. MARCUS aka WARBIRD aka BINARY aka Ms. Marvel, she is a fallen character. the only TRUE Captain is MAR-VELL!

and since this is a Universal threat, please have UATU show up and stand around and scare everyone!! WATCHERS show up for all cosmic events!!!

Nuff said.

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          Steve Rogers is not Cpt America at this point. he gave that up after Civil War. they said at this point, although not specifically said, he is Nomad
                          well in the comics, but not the films

Comment

• Brue
                            User without title
                            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by hedrap
                            ... Ross was lined up to be Rulk but was dropped for Age of Ultron.
                            Thank goodness

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 3, 2009

could spoil certain plot points for anyone not seen this movie yet ,and maybe a few that have

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Brue
                                well in the comics, but not the films
                                he is only referred to once, as Captain, by Vision. who he has not seen in a while. I believe it was the director who was quoted as saying that essentially at this point he is Nomad, but that is not specifically ever stated in the movie

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎