Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SUPER FRIENDS: Hawkman and Giganta! At Long Last!!

Images
    These are good news. I have to add my voice to the no paper product wings. There's multiple uses for these, I know I'm not the first to mention it.
    Silver Age Hawkman
    Golden Age Hawkman (hawk & later cloth mask)
    Hawkgirl (golden and silver Age)
    Golden Eagle (more Titan's West)
    Dawnstar (Legion, Duh why hasn't there been any Legion)
    Azrael
    There's plenty of opportunities to make them cost effective. The harness and wings being one piece for the Hawks would be ideal.
    Rubber or jiggular like wings would be cool. One of the biggest problems with these would be weight. Getting them to stand might be one of their design concerns. How about a thin plastic frame covered in cloth? I think this option would look very Mego-like.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN89 View Post
    I may get Hawkman if the head is not too cartoonish like some of the others, and if the wings are not cardboard.
    I agree 100%. They better not screw this up.

I'd be at least content if they made the wings out of a stiff felt instead of the cardboard. Felt can be printed on and would hold up better than the plastic coated cardboard. Plus it could be ironed if they get bent. I would also think felt would be cheaper.

Happy would be to use molded plastic. There have to be tons of wing molds from Christmas Angels made in China.

JeffBearCO

Images
    I've always imagined Mego doing vacuformed, slightly undersized wings if they had gotten around to characters like Hawkman, Hawkwoman, or Angel. They'd have been light and cheap (think like the TMP Enterprise playset). If I had access to a vacuformer, I'd have built them a long time ago.