Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Nice catalog page! I'd love to see the following page with pics of the Super Joe stuff.

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
    In 1978, I was 4-years-old. I remember seeing Pulsar in numerous stores, but I never understood why anyone would want that kind of action figure. Being so young, it was probably that I wasn’t old enough to comprehend it in order to have any interest. I don’t know.

Did any of you own and love Pulsar or know kids who did?

- Ian

PS. The other figure that I didn’t really “get” around this point in time was the 12-13 inch Battlestar Galactica figure.
    In 1978 I was 10, and I definitely had a Pulsar but don't recall any friends having one. I thought he was so cool with the exposed organs and all. The interesting thing is that I didn't have to buy him. A local Canadian department store (Zellers) was running a mail in promotion with Mattel and a thousand kids who mailed in were chosen to get a free Pulsar and I was one of them (one of the few "contests" I ever won in my life). I remember that other possible prizes were Hot Wheels cars and Barbie dolls. My sister also entered for a Barbie doll, when I got my toy and she didn't get anything she was not happy.

I'm one of the few people who like the 12" Galactica figures I think. I remember looking at the 12" Cylon at K-mart and wishing I had the ten bucks to buy one. I never had them as a kid, but have them now.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by cjefferys
      Nice catalog page! I'd love to see the following page with pics of the Super Joe stuff.

In 1978 I was 10, and I definitely had a Pulsar but don't recall any friends having one. I thought he was so cool with the exposed organs and all. The interesting thing is that I didn't have to buy him. A local Canadian department store (Zellers) was running a mail in promotion with Mattel and a thousand kids who mailed in were chosen to get a free Pulsar and I was one of them (one of the few "contests" I ever won in my life). I remember that other possible prizes were Hot Wheels cars and Barbie dolls. My sister also entered for a Barbie doll, when I got my toy and she didn't get anything she was not happy.

I'm one of the few people who like the 12" Galactica figures I think. I remember looking at the 12" Cylon at K-mart and wishing I had the ten bucks to buy one. I never had them as a kid, but have them now.

That was a neat way to get Pulsar! LOL I'm not sure how well he sold, but it seems that those who Pulsar really liked him.

I guess, as stand alones, the 12 inch Battlestar Galactica figures are nice. I just didn't know how to associate them. You know, I had the 3 3/4 inch BSG figures and understood those, but the 12 inch not so much.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎