X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Thank you for the review, Brown Bear. I wondered about the contents.

I only read Aquaman consistently. I thought Future Quest was a limited series?
    Future Quest was a 12 issue limited series. It was followed by Future Quest Presents which rotates the feature every 1 to 3 issues featuring different characters from Future Quest.

Issues 1-3 was a Space Ghost story (by Jeff Parker & Ariel Olivetti who did the Space Ghost/Green Lantenr 1-shot)
    4 was Galaxy Trio (by Parker & Ron Randall)
    5-7 Birdman (by Phil Hester & Steve Rude)
    8 Mightor (by Parker & Steve Leiber)
    9 (which came out just this week) Herculoids (by Rob Williams & Aaron Lopresti, which will continue in #10)

the creative team rotates with each feature as well.

I picked up my 2 copies (blank & Steranko covers ) of Action #1000 (and Future Quest Presents #9) at the comic shop today. Will likely read both tonight.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; Apr 19, '18, 6:28 PM.
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• boss
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 18, 2003

I bought the 50s version. It was a toss up between that and the 60s.
      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 18, 2007

I purchased the blank cover. I'm going to have Neal Adams throw something down on it at the Denver Comic Con. I thought he would have one of the Variants.

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by MRP

Future Quest was a 12 issue limited series. It was followed by Future Quest Presents which rotates the feature every 1 to 3 issues featuring different characters from Future Quest.
          Thanks for the info about "Future Quest Presents". I haven't been doing comics lately and wasn't even aware of this series, but thanks to your post, I was able to track down the 9 issues that are out. Took hitting 3 different shops to get them all, but I am caught up.

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Makernaut
            Thanks for the info about "Future Quest Presents". I haven't been doing comics lately and wasn't even aware of this series, but thanks to your post, I was able to track down the 9 issues that are out. Took hitting 3 different shops to get them all, but I am caught up.
            Cool. Glad I could help.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

the last couple of shows I have been to, I have been having several artists do a panel jam sketch cover on my Action #1000 blank variant. I have 4 so far on the front cover, now it's time to start of the back cover...

-M

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎