Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James West is never chilly.

Images

James West is never chilly.

I watch Wild, Wild West every day at 5 and never tire of it, it's like Star Trek, Batman '66, and Columbo that way for me.

But overall, I've seen the B&W first season much less; Me-TV just rolled over into it. And 4-5 episodes in, Robert Conrad has had a shirtless scene in every episode. (Not that I'm complaining.)

But it's just ridiculous, I find it funny. It's more than the other seasons combined. Did the producers think he was still on Hawaiian Eye?
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Blog Entries
    Never a WWW fan but I do think the sun rises and sets on "A Man Called Sloane".

In those episodes, Conrad always did his own stunts, they're pretty good too, I think he was always kind of intense.

Images
    I think that was all Conrad. He was just as shirtless on Black Sheep Squadron, and what about Battle of the Network Stars?
    Love the WWW...just a lot of fun to watch.

Images
    Sloane...ach, I vaguely recall watching that first-run, but not since. That was right around the time of the WWW reunion movies?

I am also impressed by his WWW stuntwork. (He almost killed himself on the show and they had to close production for a few weeks.) He is intense and could easily slide by on his charm, but he's a pretty good actor, too.

Black Sheep Squadron always looked cheap to me, is it worth a second try?
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    I haven't watched Black Sheep for a long while, it was pretty macho as I recall. A cross between Mchales Navy and China Beach. Based on the exploits of Greg " Pappy" Boyington, a real life aviation hero.

Images
    I hadn't watched much WWW since I was younger, but here lately on MeTV I've noted how good the stunt work is on that show, and how its REALLY Conrad doing all of that crazy stuff. I wish Star Trek's production had taken the same approach, as stunt doubles are glaringly obvious in some of the best episodes (I'm looking at you "Space Seed" and "Mirror Mirror"). And don't get me started on spare-tire Batman Hubie Kerns and receding hairline-Robin Victor Paul!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Sloane...ach, I vaguely recall watching that first-run, but not since. That was right around the time of the WWW reunion movies?
    It was, the show itself is very cartoony (which is why I adored it at 9) but the leads have great chemistry and jeez, the guest stars are top drawer, Roddy McDowell, Robert Culp, William Lynch, Sybill Danning, it's a fun series.

Some of the shows are on Youtube. I would seriously buy this series on BluRay.

Images
    Iíve been working through the DVD sets for season 1 and season 2 recently. Honestly, I thought season 1 was fantastic! Top notch acting, stunts, and the stories were, for the most part, excellent. I donít know about anyone else, but man, IMHO there sure seemed to be a HUGE drop off in season 2. Itís as if the show instantly lost 50 IQ points all at once! Iím about half-way through season 2 and itís recovered a bit, but wow...Iíve also noticed that Star Trek ďborrowedĒ a lot of plot lines from WWW (which came before Trek).

Images
    ^ Batmanitis. It hit a lot of shows. It even hit Batman, if you compare season 1 to season 2. Some shows, like Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and Man from UNCLE, never quite pulled out of it. But WWW managed to assert itself somewhat in its later seasons. I like the camp as well as the straighter stuff, but some episodes are just sloppy writing.

Fred Frieberger left WWW to go work on Trek. Hmmm.

WWW was scheduled to return in '69, but it was getting hammered for its violence and CBs threw in the towel.

Images
    So far Jim is fully clothed today.

And thanks for the Sloane link, Pal.