X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

James West is never chilly.

I watch Wild, Wild West every day at 5 and never tire of it, it's like Star Trek, Batman '66, and Columbo that way for me.

But overall, I've seen the B&W first season much less; Me-TV just rolled over into it. And 4-5 episodes in, Robert Conrad has had a shirtless scene in every episode. (Not that I'm complaining.)

But it's just ridiculous, I find it funny. It's more than the other seasons combined. Did the producers think he was still on Hawaiian Eye?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Never a WWW fan but I do think the sun rises and sets on "A Man Called Sloane".

In those episodes, Conrad always did his own stunts, they're pretty good too, I think he was always kind of intense.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

I think that was all Conrad. He was just as shirtless on Black Sheep Squadron, and what about Battle of the Network Stars?
      Love the WWW...just a lot of fun to watch.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Sloane...ach, I vaguely recall watching that first-run, but not since. That was right around the time of the WWW reunion movies?

I am also impressed by his WWW stuntwork. (He almost killed himself on the show and they had to close production for a few weeks.) He is intense and could easily slide by on his charm, but he's a pretty good actor, too.

Black Sheep Squadron always looked cheap to me, is it worth a second try?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

I haven't watched Black Sheep for a long while, it was pretty macho as I recall. A cross between Mchales Navy and China Beach. Based on the exploits of Greg " Pappy" Boyington, a real life aviation hero.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I hadn't watched much WWW since I was younger, but here lately on MeTV I've noted how good the stunt work is on that show, and how its REALLY Conrad doing all of that crazy stuff. I wish Star Trek's production had taken the same approach, as stunt doubles are glaringly obvious in some of the best episodes (I'm looking at you "Space Seed" and "Mirror Mirror"). And don't get me started on spare-tire Batman Hubie Kerns and receding hairline-Robin Victor Paul!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Sloane...ach, I vaguely recall watching that first-run, but not since. That was right around the time of the WWW reunion movies?
              It was, the show itself is very cartoony (which is why I adored it at 9) but the leads have great chemistry and jeez, the guest stars are top drawer, Roddy McDowell, Robert Culp, William Lynch, Sybill Danning, it's a fun series.

Some of the shows are on Youtube. I would seriously buy this series on BluRay.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Obibob
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jul 27, 2007

I’ve been working through the DVD sets for season 1 and season 2 recently. Honestly, I thought season 1 was fantastic! Top notch acting, stunts, and the stories were, for the most part, excellent. I don’t know about anyone else, but man, IMHO there sure seemed to be a HUGE drop off in season 2. It’s as if the show instantly lost 50 IQ points all at once! I’m about half-way through season 2 and it’s recovered a bit, but wow...I’ve also noticed that Star Trek “borrowed” a lot of plot lines from WWW (which came before Trek).

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^ Batmanitis. It hit a lot of shows. It even hit Batman, if you compare season 1 to season 2. Some shows, like Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and Man from UNCLE, never quite pulled out of it. But WWW managed to assert itself somewhat in its later seasons. I like the camp as well as the straighter stuff, but some episodes are just sloppy writing.

Fred Frieberger left WWW to go work on Trek. Hmmm.

WWW was scheduled to return in '69, but it was getting hammered for its violence and CBs threw in the towel.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

So far Jim is fully clothed today.

And thanks for the Sloane link, Pal.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

WWW was scheduled to return in '69, but it was getting hammered for its violence and CBs threw in the towel.
                      I would hate to have to tell Robert Conrad he was cancelled.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I bet it was worse than knocking that battery off his shoulder.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                          Hot Child in the City
                          • Jul 3, 2008

Or challenging him in the Tug of War.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, unless you are Gabe Kaplan.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                              Hot Child in the City
                              • Jul 3, 2008

Haha! I was flipping through a stack of old magazines I bought at a thrift shop today, and this was in the first one I picked up. Had to post it for you!!

20180418_204626-1.jpg20180418_204626-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎