Thread: FTC Blue Batmobile

FTC Blue Batmobile

I drop quite a bit of coin at FTC last week. I already added my two cents to some of the Wonder Woman and Hanna-Barbera figures, so now it's on to my second FTC vehicle, the Blue Batmobile.

I am a stickler for packing and package quality and FTC did well on both. The box is nice and simple (and smaller than I remember from when I was a kid!) and the Batmobile is protectively packed, with the front and back covered with bubble wrap.

The car is a well done replication of the original (which I am too lazy to pull out right now). The wheels roll freely, which is a plus after my Batlab rear wheels scraping the body.

Everything FTC does seems to come out much shinier than Mego (like the Repro Mego figure hair), but the shiny blue works for the Batmobile.

FTC Blue Batmobile 1.jpg
    FTC Blue Batmobile 2.jpg

It comes with a small sticker sheet that has two Batman door stickers and one tail light sticker. The tail light sticker is not a perfect fit (as you will see), but it's on well enough.

FTC Blue Batmobile 3.jpg

The inside looks good, although my steering wheel is crooked. Not a big deal though.

FTC Blue Batmobile 4.jpg
    FTC Blue Batmobile 6.jpg

I am pleased with this and happy to have a blue Batmobile. I think I will try to track down some oval logo stickers for the door to make this more of a Super Friends / Super Powers type of Batmobile.

I wish we could get an Arrowcar, but I have a feeling these have not sold well enough to warrant it (even having the van parts haven't warranted a Mystery Machine).

I think she's a real beauty! Thanks for sharing the pics. I really need to get a couple of these.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Looks great!

(And I think we'll get a Mystery Machine.)
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Wow, that's *NiCe* !

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Looks great!

(And I think we'll get a Mystery Machine.)
    I think a Mystery Machine would be the icing on the cake along with a few more creepy villains.

So, I decided to open my black Batcycle and the most exciting thing was the stickers... I forgot all of the stickers that the FTC Batcycle came with, as this is my first one.

I no longer need to find Bat logo stickers and now I have my Super Friends Batmobile

FTC Blue Batmobile SF 1.jpg

FTC Blue Batmobile SF 2.jpg
    Showing off the new whip....

FTC Blue Batmobile SF 3.jpg
    Batman, with a nice, tight fit in his mini-Batmobile!

The red Bats on the wheels throw it off a little, but.. eh. It's a toy!

Too bad my SF Batman's body sucks
    Last edited by TRDouble; Apr 16, '18 at 11:21 PM.

Images
    That looks great. Thanks for posting pics of the Batmobile itself.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

That's a great Super Friends theme: It's perfect!

Images
    That is very tempting. I have one shelf in my big display for my Bat-vehicles, so I really don't have the room...but it looks GREAT.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Wow! That looks super nice.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...