X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

FTC Blue Batmobile

I drop quite a bit of coin at FTC last week. I already added my two cents to some of the Wonder Woman and Hanna-Barbera figures, so now it's on to my second FTC vehicle, the Blue Batmobile.

I am a stickler for packing and package quality and FTC did well on both. The box is nice and simple (and smaller than I remember from when I was a kid!) and the Batmobile is protectively packed, with the front and back covered with bubble wrap.

The car is a well done replication of the original (which I am too lazy to pull out right now). The wheels roll freely, which is a plus after my Batlab rear wheels scraping the body.

Everything FTC does seems to come out much shinier than Mego (like the Repro Mego figure hair), but the shiny blue works for the Batmobile.

FTC Blue Batmobile 1.jpg
    FTC Blue Batmobile 2.jpg

It comes with a small sticker sheet that has two Batman door stickers and one tail light sticker. The tail light sticker is not a perfect fit (as you will see), but it's on well enough.

FTC Blue Batmobile 3.jpg

The inside looks good, although my steering wheel is crooked. Not a big deal though.

FTC Blue Batmobile 4.jpg
    FTC Blue Batmobile 6.jpg

I am pleased with this and happy to have a blue Batmobile. I think I will try to track down some oval logo stickers for the door to make this more of a Super Friends / Super Powers type of Batmobile.

I wish we could get an Arrowcar, but I have a feeling these have not sold well enough to warrant it (even having the van parts haven't warranted a Mystery Machine).
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I think she's a real beauty! Thanks for sharing the pics. I really need to get a couple of these.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Looks great!

(And I think we'll get a Mystery Machine.)
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

Wow, that's *NiCe* !

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Looks great!

(And I think we'll get a Mystery Machine.)
          I think a Mystery Machine would be the icing on the cake along with a few more creepy villains.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

So, I decided to open my black Batcycle and the most exciting thing was the stickers... I forgot all of the stickers that the FTC Batcycle came with, as this is my first one.

I no longer need to find Bat logo stickers and now I have my Super Friends Batmobile

FTC Blue Batmobile SF 1.jpg

FTC Blue Batmobile SF 2.jpg
            Showing off the new whip....

FTC Blue Batmobile SF 3.jpg
            Batman, with a nice, tight fit in his mini-Batmobile!

The red Bats on the wheels throw it off a little, but.. eh. It's a toy!

Too bad my SF Batman's body sucks
            Last edited by TRDouble; Apr 16, '18, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

That looks great. Thanks for posting pics of the Batmobile itself.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

That's a great Super Friends theme: It's perfect!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

That is very tempting. I have one shelf in my big display for my Bat-vehicles, so I really don't have the room...but it looks GREAT.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Wow! That looks super nice.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      So, I decided to open my black Batcycle and the most exciting thing was the stickers... I forgot all of the stickers that the FTC Batcycle came with, as this is my first one.

I no longer need to find Bat logo stickers and now I have my Super Friends Batmobile

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22675[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22676[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22677[/ATTACH]

The red bats do distract a bit...Maybe Paint them Black?
                      other than Batman's cape catching fire on the exhaust pipes
                      it looks great!
                      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• greensavage2000
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by TRDouble

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22675[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22676[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22677[/ATTACH]

Let me start off by thanking you for the pics. It's always a very welcomed sight. My first thought was how tiny that batmobile looks with Batman standing next to it. Are these new ones smaller than the originals? I'm currently Batmobileless at the moment. I had one when I was a kid, but that was in the last century.

Batman in the Batmobile looks really good. Total redemption in the end. It's looks perfect for a Super Power's Batmobile. All we need now is a Mego-sized Justice Jogger.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by darkbros
                          The red bats do distract a bit...Maybe Paint them Black?
                          other than Batman's cape catching fire on the exhaust pipes
                          it looks great!
                          LOL. I know! That Super Friends cape is just too big to fit inside the car.

I thought about painting the red bats on the wheels, but when you see them with the red interior, it kind of grows on you and looks less distracting. Time will tell what I decided to do...

Originally posted by greensavage2000
                          Let me start off by thanking you for the pics. It's always a very welcomed sight. My first thought was how tiny that batmobile looks with Batman standing next to it. Are these new ones smaller than the originals? I'm currently Batmobileless at the moment. I had one when I was a kid, but that was in the last century.

Batman in the Batmobile looks really good. Total redemption in the end. It's looks perfect for a Super Power's Batmobile. All we need now is a Mego-sized Justice Jogger.
                          I haven't pulled out my original Batmobile to compare, but it appears to be the same size as the original Batmobile; it was also small and compact. As a display piece, Batman definitely needs to be inside of the car. He does look silly standing next to it. I'm not sure how it will look with Robin sitting next to him though. I will try that sometime in the next week.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎