Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Love 4 LJN's Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acrovader
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2011

Yep. I have these. Great, under-rated line.
    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• danadoll
      Micronaut Nut!
      • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by Bantha5
      Always liked this line. Back in about 85? I remember a full wall of the PVCs at KB toys, $.10 a piece. I bought $5 worth. I had boxes of them. Gave them all away when we moved 3 yrs later.
      Aaah! The horror!
      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• danadoll
        Micronaut Nut!
        • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by acrovader
        Yep. I have these. Great, under-rated line.
        It sure is.

Dana

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Looking back at these in this thread, I think I missed out. I recall seeing the larger deluxe figures and really liking them, but I was in high school when these came out.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• k2
            Career Member
            • Sep 12, 2007

Definitely a great line. I really wanted the FOF when I was a kid but never saw it in stores. Finally got a nice one last year
            Question to the op. What playset did you use for the pics in your first post the one with the dark green walls?

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I had the lionheart knight, the main bad guy, the taller one with the winged helmet and a bronze dragon. I didn't appreciate them for the well done toyline it was at the time. I was more into Crystar for my fantasy figure kick.
              Last edited by powersthatbe; Oct 26, '19, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

I had the entire line save the very last ones. Grimsword and Warduke are currently sitting on my bookshelf.

The Fortress was pretty cool. I remember randomly coming across a Tiamat at a TRU...I think in California. One box on a completely empty shelf.

The disconnect between the core D&D rpg and the cartoon really clipped the toyline potential. If they had a wave based on the toon, it would have helped. I used to have the viewmaster reels, which crossed the toy line with the cartoon. IIRC, the kids answered to Strongheart. like Warduke appearing on the cartoon, just haphazard decision making.

Oddly, what it really needed was an arcade game like Gauntlet.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

It irks me to this day the cartoon was not based on characters used for the toy line, story books and other merchadise. The episodes with Warduke, Strongheart and Kelek show how cool it would have been.

As much as I'd love Hasbro to do a D&D action figure line I don't think they'd include the 83 AD&D licensing characters like Warduke. They didn't even get characters in the D&D Kre-o line. The last time any of these character saw the light of day was in 2005 with the Warduke mini.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

I really wanted this figures back when they came out but my parents became religious and I had to stop collecting anything non-superhero. I really liked them but wondered wear were the cartoon figures?
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

TSR's reasoning was really kind of bizarre. They actually weirdly considered them two separate things. The cartoon was to promote basic D&D and the licensed characters for the toy line and other merchandise was to promote AD&D. Obviously not a good idea. Toy Galaxy has a really good video on the whole mess.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

Spain PVC figures

Well I hate to burst the bubble but in Spain they did release PVC figures based on the cartoon series in 1986 and now they do not go cheap:

D&D set a.jpgD&D set b.jpg

I used to buy the PVC figures of DC, Marvel and others from a dealer back in the 90's but through the years I have sold them all.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                          Well I hate to burst the bubble but in Spain they did release PVC figures based on the cartoon series in 1986 and now they do not go cheap:
                          Yes and they were done to support the basic D&D game. Same as the Fantasy Forest board game which did include some of those same PVC figures for a US release. The cartoon and it's minimal merchandise tie-ins were to support basic D&D.

Comment

• msenger76
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 3, 2009

Ogre King is one of my all-time favorite action figures. I had him and Northlord, and their size was functional to all other toy lines. Ogre king was always my Skeletor's field general! but i also used them as giants for a gi joe or star wars adventure!

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by k2
                              Definitely a great line. I really wanted the FOF when I was a kid but never saw it in stores. Finally got a nice one last year
                              Question to the op. What playset did you use for the pics in your first post the one with the dark green walls?
                              Ah, that playset is the Fright Zone from The Masters Of The Universe toyline, works great with the AD&D toys too.

Dana

Comment

• danadoll
                                Micronaut Nut!
                                • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                                I had the lionheart knight, the main bad guy, the taller one with the winged helmet and a bronze dragon. I didn't appreciate them for the well done toyline it was at the time. I was more into Crystar for my fantasy figure kick.
                                Strongheart the paladin, the main bad guy (?Warduke?), and the tall guy with the winged helmet is Northlord the great barbarian.

Dana
                                Last edited by danadoll; Oct 28, '19, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎