Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: RIP Chuck McCann

Images

Sad RIP Chuck McCann

The voice of Sonny (Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs) and Barney on Krofft's "Far Out Space Nuts" passed away at age 89 on April 9th. A friend of mine who was an actress introduced me to Chuck and we all had lunch together (along w/ Burr Middleton). He signed my VHS of "Space Nuts" and he drew a picture of himself on a napkin as Barney for me. He was very sweet, and I'm saddened by his passing. RIP Chuck.

chuckand me.jpg
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Images
    He was quite a guy, very talented but not a household name. A great fan of Laurel and Hardy, he--along with other celebrities like Dick Van dyke--helped establish Sons of the Desert fan clubs of the duo when they became popular again in the '60s. RIP sir.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

R.I.P. I liked the Far Out Space Nuts. Not many people remember that show.
    "I said lunch, not launch!!"

Images
    I went on YouTube and watched a few of those old Cocoa Puffs commercials this evening.

May he rest in peace

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    Loved his little cameo in Men in Tights

RIP
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    He was the voice of the Thing on the 90s animated series as well, so he was kind of sort of a Mego at one point!

RIP. And sorry for your personal loss Sharry. You meet the coolest people!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Back when he was the voice of Leatherneck on season 2 of G.I.JOE, I always felt Chuck McCann would have been perfect as the voice of the Thing in the Fantastic Four. When I read one of the FF's comics, I heard Chuck's voice in my mind. Never would I have imagined my voice casting dream would come true nearly a decade later when Chuck did voice over the Thing in the 1994 series. Chuck McCann also voiced over Colossuss the Cosmic Giant in the 1981 short episode of the Super Friends and did battle with Superman and Apache Chief. R.I.P.

Images
    He was a very talented voice actor. He was also the voice of Duckworth on Ducktales.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    ^And a couple of the Beagle Boys.