X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

RIP Chuck McCann

The voice of Sonny (Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs) and Barney on Krofft's "Far Out Space Nuts" passed away at age 89 on April 9th. A friend of mine who was an actress introduced me to Chuck and we all had lunch together (along w/ Burr Middleton). He signed my VHS of "Space Nuts" and he drew a picture of himself on a napkin as Barney for me. He was very sweet, and I'm saddened by his passing. RIP Chuck.

chuckand me.jpg
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

He was quite a guy, very talented but not a household name. A great fan of Laurel and Hardy, he--along with other celebrities like Dick Van dyke--helped establish Sons of the Desert fan clubs of the duo when they became popular again in the '60s. RIP sir.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

R.I.P. I liked the Far Out Space Nuts. Not many people remember that show.
      "I said lunch, not launch!!"

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

I went on YouTube and watched a few of those old Cocoa Puffs commercials this evening.

May he rest in peace

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Loved his little cameo in Men in Tights

RIP

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

He was the voice of the Thing on the 90s animated series as well, so he was kind of sort of a Mego at one point!

RIP. And sorry for your personal loss Sharry. You meet the coolest people!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• filmation batman fan
              The Man of Many Voices
              • Aug 30, 2005

Back when he was the voice of Leatherneck on season 2 of G.I.JOE, I always felt Chuck McCann would have been perfect as the voice of the Thing in the Fantastic Four. When I read one of the FF's comics, I heard Chuck's voice in my mind. Never would I have imagined my voice casting dream would come true nearly a decade later when Chuck did voice over the Thing in the 1994 series. Chuck McCann also voiced over Colossuss the Cosmic Giant in the 1981 short episode of the Super Friends and did battle with Superman and Apache Chief. R.I.P.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

He was a very talented voice actor. He was also the voice of Duckworth on Ducktales.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

^And a couple of the Beagle Boys.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡