Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR: Who's going opening day? Weekemd total guesses?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR: Who's going opening day? Weekemd total guesses?

Just wondering how many peeps here are planning on seeing A:IW opening day/evening and, just for the sake of fun, what on your all's thoughts on it's opening weekend's grosses? I've heard Disney is playing it very conservative with opening weekend predictions of $150-$170 million, but I think they are purposely low-balling that number.

I'm hoping to go opening weekend, but won't make opening day due to work restrictions.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

I'll be there the first Saturday Matinee!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Our local theater is getting it opening weekend, which means we could see it Thursday night. Normally, I will go see it at the nicer theater (better seats, better screen) out of town on the following Saturday. But I'm trying to convince my son to deal with the crappy seats and old screen (the projection and sound are still good) so we can see it spoiler free at our first chance. THEN we can go see it in an expensive theater later.

But either way, I'm in for that weekend.

I have no idea how it is going to perform. It's going to be huge. But Black Panther so exceeded expectations I'm not sure it will rival it. It may, but it may not.

Chris

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I may be tempted to go see it at the Silver Moon in Lakeland
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

We'll see it on the Sunday of opening weekend as it's the only day we both have off on the weekends. I usually work Friday and Saturday nights, so those are out for moviegoing. As for opening totals, no idea. It will do well and that's all that really matters.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Homecoming and Ragnarok weren't anything special. My friend told me Marvel makes watchable movies but not great films. This one will be an easy pass for me.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

I’ll catch it on Redbox, just like Black Panther.
              sigpic

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

I'm there with a party of 4 Sunday morning on opening week. As for predictions, I won't make any. I've no way to know if it'll rake in more than Black Panther, but I think it will continue to do what the Marvel cinematic universe does and that's make another successful money making movie. Winter Soldier remains my favorite so I'm going in enthused.

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

I have to be in Ohio the day it opens and for a few days past that. I'm hoping to be able to see it with my kids on Sunday. Marvel may have a formula for their movies, but I'm good with what they are doing. With very few exceptions, I've seen everyone of their recent movies multiple times in the theater and I'm hoping Infinity War will not be an exception.
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

I am going Friday morning. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                      A Ray of Sunshine
                      • Jun 17, 2001

I'll be in the theater for this one. I want all the bells and whistles!

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

I have MoviePass, so I could see it "for free" if I cared to wait a week or so.

Having said that, I've reserved a ticket for the 4/27 showing in 3D IMAX. Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎