X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Just sold a vintage toy on ebay to my neighbour

This is a first for me after nearly 20 years.

Sold a talking GI Joe on Tuesday, went to go ship it and realized we had the same postal code.

Delivered it walking the dog, the buyer was out so i dropped it with a very confused relative.

Pity, it would have been nice to at least casually chat about a common interest or see the look on this face but it was still a fun experience.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • TheMegoGuy
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 26, 2014

This happened to me about six months ago. Sold a Mego Andorian on eBay, packaged it up, and realized the buyer lives in my town. I hand delivered it to him. Very cool.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
      • Jan 22, 2008

I live in a really small town and bought a Pulsar off a man and woman that do/have a doll hospital. I probably did use the “nearest” feature though. Picked it up in person and got to see all their dolls.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

I sold a figure to someone who lived in the next town over, about a 15 minute drive away. I offered to hand deliver it since I was heading that way anyway, and it would have been nice to chat toys a bit, but he really didn't seem too receptive to that, so I ended up just throwing it in the mail. Oh well, I get it, not everyone is comfortable with talking with strangers about their hobby.

Comment

• msenger76
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 3, 2009

Bought an item that was from the guy who lived 2 houses down the road. saved a ton on shipping that day!

Comment

• bmattioli
            Connecticut Collector
            • Jul 8, 2004

My best BIN was from someone that worked in Hartford Ct like me and I picked up the boxes after work..My RMR was in there..

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎