Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Trek: TNG

Very COOL. I only ever purchased the ST EMCE reissues with the exception of TNG and Pike. I don't have any vintage ST by Mego. I'd probably have got the ones I missed had the EMCE line continued.
    I collected the Playmates 12" line of everything ST. One thing that disappointed me was the lack of a Dr. Crusher at that scale. (And then the same company would disappoint me again by not making a 12" Scotty from the JJ Abrams movies, but they showed a prototype.) I like that you included her.

Images
    Thanks everybody for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Great set of figures, very---enterprising. I've never tried the naptha, hmmm.

And I see you're the lucky owner of both a Dunsel and one of T's exquisite "belly" shirts.
    My belly shirt Kirk and my Dunsel Trek figures are the pride of my collection. The Dunsel figures are what inspired me to build my own customs. (I still hope to be that good someday!)

Quote Originally Posted by C.H.O.A.M. View Post
    they look awesome! and the naptha means someone can shrink ftc female heads?????
    I have not tried to shrink any of the FTC heads. Not all vinyl heads react to the naphtha. But given that it doesn't damage the paint or the hair, it is certainly worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by tjacwave50 View Post
    I love these, you did an amazing job, correct me if I'm mistaken, but these are playmates heads on 8 inch bodies wearing the playmates clothing? all except Wesley.
    Yes, the heads have been shrunk down to size and the uniforms have been tailored to fit a standard Mego body. For instance, there is a seam on the right side of the outfit where the department color meets the black... hopefully it isn't noticeable.

My god, I haven't been this exited by a custom set in a loooong time

Just perfect

If this doesn't win COTW, I want my membership fee back, lol

Gosh... Even in Mego form, I hate Wesley.

This is just superb

Matt
    Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

wow these turned out awesome.

I love these Sprytel! Was the chemical time for shrinking the playmate heads the same for all heads? Were there any heads you were unsuccessful in shrinking? Did you have to repaint the heads?
    I post in thy general direction!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newlyknighted View Post
    I love these Sprytel! Was the chemical time for shrinking the playmate heads the same for all heads? Were there any heads you were unsuccessful in shrinking? Did you have to repaint the heads?
    It seems about 24-48 hours is the window... in my experience, after that point, additional time doesn't seem to have any effect.

I have shrunk 17-ish Playmates heads... and while some of the effects have been more severe than others, so far I have only one Scotty head that just wouldn't shrink for me.

No repaint required. That's the best part about it.

Wow! That is awesome Sprytel! Thanks for the tips.
    I post in thy general direction!

Images
    I must try this with Edith/Joan--I want to try doing a Siren.

Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    It seems about 24-48 hours is the window... in my experience, after that point, additional time doesn't seem to have any effect.

I have shrunk 17-ish Playmates heads... and while some of the effects have been more severe than others, so far I have only one Scotty head that just wouldn't shrink for me.

No repaint required. That's the best part about it.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.